Show off your Weekly Finds.

Started by hhwolfman, December 09, 2007, 04:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknown Primate

Looks like it could whip up a pretty good milkshake, too!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Jim Bertges

I was at the Ventura Swap Meet yesterday where I hardly ever find any monster stuff and came across these items.

I spent a total of $30 on all three items. It's the most monster stuff I've found there since I ran into the guy who bought Ray Ferry's stuff from an old storage unit.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Unknown Primate

Hey Jim, don't ya just love it when that happens?!  Great finds - congrats!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

marsattacks666

Quote from: Jim Bertges on April 26, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
I was at the Ventura Swap Meet yesterday where I hardly ever find any monster stuff and came across these items.

I spent a total of $30 on all three items. It's the most monster stuff I've found there since I ran into the guy who bought Ray Ferry's stuff from an old storage unit.

Wow, the WOLF MAN!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Scatter

Quote from: Unknown Primate on April 26, 2010, 07:09:52 PM
Looks like it could whip up a pretty good milkshake, too!

My thoughts exactly!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scatter

JACKPOT!! That Wolfie/Frank stuff is outstanding!! Especially for $30.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Moonshadow

Awesome finds! All that in one place? Sweet! :D

monsterphile

I went to some yard sales and the local flea market this past Saturday and did manage to find stuff for myself.  At the flea market for $5 total I found the old Revell kits of the Visible Man and the Visible Woman.  They are unassembled and complete.  They're not monster models, but I'll take them for that price.

At the same flea market, I got these records 3/$1.  The Psycho one is an Italian pressing.

Best of all for me was at a yard sale where I got a lot of older (early 70s to the early 80s) local TV Guides, mostly from the Philadelphia Inquirer, with some from southern NJ's Courier-Post.  They're roughly the size of a comic book, and if I stacked all of them up, they'd be about 5 ft. tall.  What's great about them is that the covers are slick paper, not rough like typical newsprint.  They feature covers for a lot of popular TV shows, but the 2 that made the whole thing worth it to me were these 2.  One features Darren McGavin from Kolchak: The Night Stalker (my all-time favorite TV show) and the other featured Dr. Shock the local horror host that I watched growing up.  He was also the inspiration for our UMA friend Dr. Shocker (that guy that keeps pestering Dan Roebuck).  I'll probably sell off the majority of them at a yard sale at some point, but definitely not these 2.  These are like 2 Holy Grails. 

poseablemonster

WOW! Those TV guides are amazing! 

monsterphile

Quote from: poseablemonster on April 27, 2010, 02:36:14 PM
WOW! Those TV guides are amazing! 

There was a large tub and a couple of boxes full for $10.  I would gladly have paid $10 each for those 2 special ones.  I didn't know they were in there or even that they had existed.  There are hundreds of them, close to thousand, I'd guess.  So we're talking 1 or 2 cents each plus a free storage tub.

charp13

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

The Creeper

Long live the UMA!

typhooforme

Tremendous finds, Rob!  I love those tv guides!  And the PSYCHO lp is a knockout.  You're the modern counterpart of the Golden Dustman!
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

raycastile

Those TV guides are a fabulous score.  If you deliberately set out to find those, you'd probably spend years searching fruitlessly. 
Raymond Castile