Dracula/Bela 1/1 finished...NEW PICS!

Started by Mike Hill, September 13, 2008, 02:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kklloo

Just curious if this was a commissioned piece or are you doing a run of these.

Toy Ranch

I've never seen a Bela sculpt I really liked.  Never seen one I really thought "nailed it".  Until now.

NekroDave

More In The Attic

Will this be available for sale Mike?

Monsterkid71

INCREDIBLE!! That is most realistic and spot on sculpt of Lugosi I think I have ever seen! Stupendous work!

Mike Hill

Quote from: kklloo on September 13, 2008, 11:59:39 PM
   Just curious if this was a commissioned piece or are you doing a run of these.

This one is for a client but he didnt commision the project. Its all mine. What do you mean by a run? You mean resin copies?

If so,no. These are fully finished high-end silicone heads...4 days of hair puching alone.Weeks in total.

Thanks

Mike

fmofmpls

Chiming in late here, but my reaction is like everyone else - good gawd, that's amazing! It's frightening. And it's the best likeness I've ever seen!

Speechless in Mpls.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Mike Hill

jesse heywood

Kenneth

That is so incredible! You are an amazing talent! That is the most lifelike Dracula that I have ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing.

Barlow

Daaaaammmnnn!! That is so life-like, it's scary!  ;)

mjaycox

The new pics are even more astounding, Mike. I was going to ask you when you first posted how long it took to apply the hair. Now that I know... yikes! 4 days? Well the meticulousness of it really shows.

I also sculpt, but not pure sculptures.. I make custom action figures.. and any time I have tried hand-applying hair, it always comes out a god-awful mess. Did you do the hair application yourself?

Matt
"I don't want to live in the past. I just don't want to lose it."
     -The Two Jakes

BrotherD

Wow.  This is simply amazing.  Amazing.
I podcast, therefore I am . . .
Monster Kid Radio - http://www.monsterkidradio.net
1951 Down Place - http://www.1951downplace.com

Mike Hill

Quote from: mjaycox on September 27, 2008, 05:42:06 AM
The new pics are even more astounding, Mike. I was going to ask you when you first posted how long it took to apply the hair. Now that I know... yikes! 4 days? Well the meticulousness of it really shows.

I also sculpt, but not pure sculptures.. I make custom action figures.. and any time I have tried hand-applying hair, it always comes out a god-awful mess. Did you do the hair application yourself?

Matt

Hey Matt, yeah I applied it myself bu i isnt glued on ,its punched into the silicone, exactly like human hair.