Am I nuts, or does this look like Karloff, not Strange?

Started by Moonshadow, September 30, 2012, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michblk

That's an odd answer to tell you not to bid on it, but not pull the listing?

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Gareee

I got the exact same response, but the auction was not cancelled, so I reported it as fraudulent.

Moonshadow

I just did as well. I was waiting to see if they took it down or changed it, but nothing has changed. There's only four hours left too.

robby431

I don't think this seller is doing anything wrong.  There is a very good chance that the figure was sold that way by accident.  Sideshow could have done it themselves.  It wouldn't be the first time.  These types of mistakes are human error and happen every once in a while.

Ghost

Quote from: robby431 on October 01, 2012, 02:54:33 PM
I don't think this seller is doing anything wrong.  There is a very good chance that the figure was sold that way by accident.  Sideshow could have done it themselves.  It wouldn't be the first time.  These types of mistakes are human error and happen every once in a while.

Yes, but if it was a production error the figure would still be in the case with a clear plastic band or wire twisties securing it. This seller is stating the figure has never been opened  "It has not been taken out of the box" but the band is missing and it clearly has been opened and the figure removed if not swapped. The seller also did not modify the description when these oddities were pointed out. They are representing something as new, never removed from  box, and as a Glenn Strange sculpt when obviously none of that is true.

Unopened un-removed figure with clear band and Glenn Strange figure

Ebay with no band and Boris Karloff figure

Ebay box appears opened

packy120353

Weird. The seller could save face (get it?) with his apology then change the description. Whoever bids on this wants that figure. If they're bidding just because it's Strange - well then they would know the difference. Anyone that bids on this must know it's Boris. It's the "unopened" part that red-flags it. Unless it was sold to the seller as unopened and he doesn't know any better. Which would also explain the wrong likeness. Maybe he/she Ebay/Googled SS Frank and the first hit was Glenn Strange so - Bob's your Uncle!

scorpio

Let's face it guys the seller is trying to pull a fast one
It happens on eBay every day of the week.

packy120353

Hey! That's when I love I love my little calendar girl!

Unknown Primate

I heard it was truly a mis-packaging at Sideshow and that figure is worth around $70,000.00!!!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

scorpio

Count_Zirock

Am I still Bruce Willis? 'Cause I haven't seen one damn check from "Looper" yet!
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: RedKing on October 01, 2012, 08:46:56 AM
Sideshow used the same body for all of their Franky figures. This is definitely switched-that is the Sideshow 1931 Karloff Franky,so either this seller honestyly has no clue or is pulling something shady-be interesting to see what they come back with for a reply.

The pants are different colors though.
We Belong Dead...

robby431

Gillfan

Are we sure Sideshow used the same bodies? I could have sworn some were stockier.

Mord