"Take me to your Leader!" - Unofficial Sci-Fi collectibles thread

Started by jimm, August 11, 2012, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

vintagehalloweentoys

If these Aliens Pops candy display blow mold heads don't say "Take Me to Your Leader", I don't know what does.

I picked these up at a garage sale a few years ago....I actually set them on frames and put black robes and hooded sweatshirts over them, and they made a surprisingly disturbing family portrait.

Hepcat

Here are scans from my Topps Star Trek card set which was issued in 1976:

8)

bigbud

This is a Dinky space freighter from the Gerry Anderson TV show 1999. It is just at 9 inches long. Dinky had a great way of designing nice desplay boxes for their toys. I just found out how easy it is to remove the clear plastic from the box. This is the Freighter's first time at being FREE of it's box. There is a spool with thread underneath that must be for lowering the 4 radioactive barrels from the ship. I had a different but yet similar 1999 Dinky, but in an attempt to make the wife happy and show I could also SELL something I let it go on the Bay. She has since given up on such foolish expectations......ha!

[imghttp://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/bigbud3/IMG_2540_zps74afba0c.jpg]http://[/img]

frankenstein73

These are my diener monsters, I remember getting them in happy meals in the late 70s early 80s sometime. I played with them alot, simple but fun. they were also sold in two packs. these sealed two packs are the ones I found this week at goodwill. I have some dinosaurs, robots and spaceships made by diener also.

Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

frankenstein73

I have these, I think they are captain video figures if I remember correctly some are larger playset figures and the small ones were premiums from something i think. and i also cant remember right now what the 2 orange monkey things and 2 blue robots are from. and a tootsietoy robot. I need to relook them up and write it down so i Remember all this stuff.

Mirabile dictu,don't you agree?

Hepcat

Quote from: frankenstein73 on September 24, 2012, 12:59:34 AM
These are my diener monsters, I remember getting them in happy meals in the late 70s early 80s sometime. I played with them alot, simple but fun. they were also sold in two packs. these sealed two packs are the ones I found this week at goodwill.

But pencil erasers!? Twould be a real shame to use up figures so detailed and cool rubbing things out! Were the ones you got in Happy Meals also pencil erasers?

???

bigbud

Jeff, I see some of those figures in my Superior Space Port. This playset was produced by Superior in 1952. Beautiful tin litho main gate, fence and building. The scene on the radar screen revolves to show invading aliens. There is a crank on the side which is the space siren....pretty much like an old halloween clicker when you rotate the handle. There is the space cannon which fires one of three shells, the space rocket mortar and the colorful space vehicles. Plus the large red spinners that takeoff atop the building. I was the first to open the box, and was (at the time) thrilled to find that the factory had included 2 packets of colorful aliens instead of one alien packet and one spaceman packet. I love all the aliens, but now wish I had the spacemen too. They came with clear space helmets. All parts were packed in old newspaper dated July 1952 The New York Journal American......article and picture are of a 60 year old lady being dragged from her home which was being sold for back taxes......

jimm

What a morbid paper to pack a kids toy in LOL....and that thing is BOSS

Bogey

bigbud

This is one of my favorite guns! The sculpt on this baby is tops! This is the Tommy Ray Space Gun. Works on 2 D batteries. Box says it shoots rays and makes a sound like a tommy gun! I love the incredible red with yellow parts. The inspection sheet says "inspected by Lora 8/4/1953" ....so cool!

SCATTER! EAT DEATH RAY! YOU HAIRY VARMIT!

vintagehalloweentoys

bigbud

QuoteWhat a morbid paper to pack a kids toy in LOL....

Yea, jimm...check out the other story on the page....2 girls caught smoking- forced to puff on cigar as punishment. They ran away after and a large man-hunt was on to find them!

bigbud

If you check out the inspection paper to the Tommy Ray Space Gun you will see a very small piece of red plastic taped to the paper. Never could figure out the purpose. Checked the gun out completely and no chips or pieces missing.   ?

jimm

Quote from: bigbud on September 25, 2012, 02:59:34 AM
Yea, jimm...check out the other story on the page....2 girls caught smoking- forced to puff on cigar as punishment. They ran away after and a large man-hunt was on to find them!
Good gravy, spookier than the monster movies of it's time!