Pepsi Party Monsters Posters

Started by Universal_Adam, July 30, 2012, 11:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

I saw the "Eat Drink and Be Scary" Frankenstein and Bride standees last year, but they weren't part of any display.

Hell, they weren't even on the same side of the store.  They were just stuck in corners where they wouldn't be in anybody's way.

Sad.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on April 14, 2013, 06:14:39 AM
I saw the "Eat Drink and Be Scary" Frankenstein and Bride standees last year, but they weren't part of any display.

Hell, they weren't even on the same side of the store.  They were just stuck in corners where they wouldn't be in anybody's way.

Sad.

I have seen them in their proper displays.  There is an arch, the two standees, and the banner.  Unfortunately, very few stores do it right anymore.  It is sad.

horror1o1

Quote from: zombiehorror on August 10, 2012, 01:06:42 AM
Wow, those things are like looking at a train wreck.......horrendous!  I can't believe those are from 92' they scream 80's cheese.  That being said I would probably have collected them back in the day!

well like most decades when one ends it dribbles on to the next. I was born in 80 and a lot of things from the 70's dribbled on over.
It's all about the Horror.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: horror1o1 on April 14, 2013, 10:57:46 AM
well like most decades when one ends it dribbles on to the next. I was born in 80 and a lot of things from the 70's dribbled on over.

No truer words have been written.  And, as a whole, I would gladly take the '80s/early '90s over the disastrous corporate logos and designs that came as a result of the late '90s/early 2000s.   If you want to know what I'm talking about, take a look at the evolution of fast food logos...

http://dadsdish.blogspot.com/2010/05/older-is-better-example-124-restaurant.html

I prefer both the 1991 versions of the Monsters and the 1997 versions of the Monsters to the horrible stock images we have now, and they started surfacing in 2000 and haven't changed since.   8j68j68ju

zombiehorror

Saw this listed on Ebay and thought of this thread!

Marsha

hubby just corrected me. the arch had no monsters on it. i found a pic but dont know how to upload. and the "windows" we have are form a frito lay display. I will take a pic soon.

Universal_Adam

Hey Everyone! I got busy with school for a while and haven't been around much.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the Frankenstein's Monster poster to complete my collection.  So I am still looking for it. If anyone has any leads, I'd be grateful!
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage

Marsha

Finally found the pic. Its a bad one since its glued down to a scrapbook page. Cant scan. Now I can sleep in peace :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41940226(*at*)N05/9535809544/#

aura of foreboding

That's really cool.  I see the 2008 Dracula Halloween cutout was added to the top, giving good old Dracula a presence in the haunted display.  I had not seen this Haunted House before, but it must be from the late 2000s, before they switched over to live actors.   The "Scare up a Party" slogan ran immediately before the current "Eat. Drink. Be Scary." catchphrase. 

Marsha

Yes you are correct! So I only ended up keeping the "window" with frank & bride. i am truly kicking myself now.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Marsha on August 18, 2013, 03:39:27 AM
Finally found the pic. Its a bad one since its glued down to a scrapbook page. Cant scan. Now I can sleep in peace :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41940226(*at*)N05/9535809544/#

I don't get a picture - just a message saying it is a bad link.
ADAM

aura of foreboding

You have to replace the (*at*) symbol, as has become standard procedure here...   Zombie Nuetral

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: aura of foreboding on August 18, 2013, 04:17:51 PM
You have to replace the (*at*) symbol, as has become standard procedure here...   Zombie Nuetral

I didn't even notice that.

Anywho, here's the picture:

ADAM

aura of foreboding

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is the Bates house.  If only the Dracula cutout had not been placed over the central roof.  Then we would know for sure!

zombiehorror

Quote from: aura of foreboding on August 18, 2013, 04:17:51 PM

I tried that earlier on my Nook and the picture still never came !?

Oh well, I can see it now!