Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

packy120353

I picked up a cheap Haplloween Double Features from Walgreens and watched 1936 Sweeney Todd last night. I discovered a new favorite old time creep - Tod Slaughter as the demon barber. Good grief the nicer he is the more your skin crawls. Wonderfully sardonic. I loved this movie. "I'll have you polished off in no time sir!"

Daimajin

Quote from: packy120353 on October 12, 2008, 01:38:16 PM
I picked up a cheap Haplloween Double Features from Walgreens and watched 1936 Sweeney Todd last night. I discovered a new favorite old time creep - Tod Slaughter as the demon barber. Good grief the nicer he is the more your skin crawls. Wonderfully sardonic. I loved this movie. "I'll have you polished off in no time sir!"

May I ask what company produced it?  It may be the company for which I work -- we sell a bunch of stuff to Walgreen's.  Though I spend most of my time writing children's stories, I do also choose the PD movies my company puts out.  Not always great quality, but I do make an effort to find the best prints.  We did produce an HD version of Night of the Living Dead, but we never did release it.  The replication costs are through the roof.  I remember being very happy to find that the Sweeney Todd film available and that the powers that be were willing to release it (they know nothing absolutely nothing about horror -- or any other genre, really -- movies, so I usually get my way with releases). 

They're going to make you one of them, my peacock!

packy120353

QuoteMay I ask what company produced it? /quote]

It's marked 2007 PC TREASURES INC....and the other movie was BLOODLUST and a MAGIC MUMMY cartoon!

raycastile

I watched two Bigfoot movies, Night of the Demon and Curse of Bigfoot.  This was the first time I'd seen Night of the Demon.  As other reviewers have noted, there is a good movie in there somewhere, trying to get out.  But it's hopelessly buried under six feet of dung.  It would have been better as a short film focusing on the Wanda character.
Raymond Castile

ramsey37

Quote from: Bogey on October 10, 2008, 12:15:22 AM
What is your take on this one, George?
I think "Close Encounters" is one of the few 70's sci-fi films that has aged gracefully. The movie is still entertaining and enthralling. It's one of my favorites.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Memphremagog

Beast From Haunted Cave(1960)
Isle Of the Dead(1945)
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Daimajin

This weekend I watched Dead Alive.  It's one of those movies I've had for a long time and never watched.  It was ok, but for a gory, oer-the-top movie, I much prefer Re-Animator

And yup, Packy, my company released that DVD.  About five years ago, they asked me to assemble their new line of PD movies.  They were for Halloween and were asking for horror movies.  I remember wanting it to be special so I wanted to make them double features and add a cartoon.  The quality wasn't the best, unfortunately -- we got the best masters we could find, but some of them were in pretty rough shape.  We did two silent double features, much to the chagrin of the owners of the company (they sold pretty well, I've heard).

ramsey37

Not exactly a monster movie, but I watched "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" today.
George

Daimajin

Quote from: ramsey37 on October 13, 2008, 03:45:32 PM
Not exactly a monster movie, but I watched "The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" today.
George

I watched it not long ago, too -- Big Lots had it for $3.  Maybe not a horror movie, per se, but, man, that cellar door opening scene near the end was creepier than what's in a lot of horror movies.

ramsey37

Quote from: Daimajin on October 13, 2008, 03:49:24 PM
I watched it not long ago, too -- Big Lots had it for $3.  Maybe not a horror movie, per se, but, man, that cellar door opening scene near the end was creepier than what's in a lot of horror movies.
Yep, that's where I got my copy. I don't think I'd ever seen the entire movie before, I always managed to miss parts of it on the rare occasions I've spotted it on TV. My only regret about the film is that we don't actually get to see that hamster-killin' pervert die....
George

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Daimajin

Quote from: ramsey37 on October 13, 2008, 05:15:10 PM
My only regret about the film is that we don't actually get to see that hamster-killin' pervert die....
George

Agreed!  He was such a lowlife -- he got off too easy.  I wanted a Nevada Smith ending.

Memphremagog

Turn Of the Screw(1974)
Dont Be Afraid Of the Dark(1973)
The Two Faces Of Dr.Jekyll(1960)
Curse Of the Mummy's Tomb(1964)
The Gorgon(1964)
The Bloody Judge(1970)
Blood From the Mummy's Tomb(1971)
DARK SHADOWS:

Memphremagog

DARK SHADOWS:

Jim Bertges

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.