Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 27, 2008, 01:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

sixshooter

Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein followed by "The invisible  Man" with Claude Rains.

josie monster

Last night we watched "Phanton of the Opera"( Lon Chaney silent version ), followed by "Fearless Vampire Killers".

kklloo

Bogey

Quote from: kklloo on September 04, 2008, 01:40:51 AM
Watching Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy.

I remember that one being a bit on the slow side.  What is your take kklloo?

josie monster

Last night I had to watch "Night of the Living Dead" again after reading the new posts.

fibbermac

I'm currently on a bit of a monster movie binge. The most recent thing I watched was "The Saint's Double Trouble". This was something I'd been seeking for quite a while as part of my quest to acquire everything Lugosi. Bela did a great job as a gangster in this movie.

About a week ago I watched the Hammer classic "Curse of the Werewolf". I hadn't seen it since I was young. It wasn't quite as good as I'd remembered.

And a few days ago I watched the obscure 1934 Monogram flick "House of Mystery". If you like whodunnit-horror-comedy-mysteries, this is really a superior Monogram effort. The DVD can be found at Oldies.com at their 5-for-$25 pricing. If you haven't seen this film before, I'd recommend it. Some of the comic relief actually made me laugh out loud.
"Even a man who's pure in heart and says his prayers by night..."

josie monster

This Isn't a movie, but I just watched the "MONKEES" halloween episode. Guest-stars Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and the Mummy.

Bogey

Quote from: josie monster on September 05, 2008, 03:04:26 AM
This Isn't a movie, but I just watched the "MONKEES" halloween episode. Guest-stars Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, and the Mummy.

Just updated the title of the thread.  Would hate to miss cool stuff like what you posted, Josie. :)

kklloo

I've always liked Abbott and Costello, even some of their slower movies. Although A&C meet the Mummy is not like the others,and certainly not one of my favs, I still adore it and I am trying to get my son into it. So, far, I have no luck in the matter. Maybe when he is 5, I'll have better luck. I never cared for how the Mummy looks in this one. I wished they kept the appearance of the Mummy in the older Universal movies. Just my 2 cents.

Bogey

Quote from: kklloo on September 05, 2008, 07:36:10 AM
  I've always liked Abbott and Costello, even some of their slower movies. Although A&C meet the Mummy is not like the others,and certainly not one of my favs, I still adore it and I am trying to get my son into it. So, far, I have no luck in the matter. Maybe when he is 5, I'll have better luck. I never cared for how the Mummy looks in this one. I wished they kept the appearance of the Mummy in the older Universal movies. Just my 2 cents.

Great post.  For me, it is one of those movies that everytime I see it for some reason, I believe it will have magically improved since my last viewing.  I love A & C as well.  Use to watch them every Sunday on WPIX when I lived in upstate NY.  Great times!

Bogey

Last night:

Godzilla vs. Gigan (1977)

I just may have to readjust my choice on the Worst Movie Ever thread.  ;D  Too much on the human side, not enough monster action.  However, my ten year old son enjoyed it, so well worth the viewing based on that alone.

neonnoodle

Super-8 digest versions of "Phantasm," and "Son of Frankenstein" ... projected right on the wall!
Beautiful moving, shifting colors!

See TRANSLUCE: Rainbow Meditation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz5aqIhYI_Q

Bogey

Quote from: neonnoodle on September 07, 2008, 07:09:26 PM
Super-8 digest versions of "Phantasm," and "Son of Frankenstein" ... projected right on the wall!

Coolness.

ProfGriffin

Just today...watched Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein with my 6-year old son, Edward.  It was his 2nd time watching the film.  It was my 68th or so...
He saw it before when he was 4.  (See my article in Scary Monsters detailing that experience, 'The Eyes of Dracula')
But today he watched it with a smile...although the entire MacDougal's House of Horrors scene still gives him the nervous twitches.

Before that....(Last Friday) we watched House of Wax. 
It was one of our usual Pizza Picnic Fridays...with pizza, and a movie on a blanket picnic style in our living room.
He liked House of Wax and was trying to figure out who the horribly disfigured killer was.  He guessed Jarod immediately, but then when he showed up again in the wheelchair, he was stumped.

He knew Joan of Arc was Cathy...and that Matthew Burke's wax figure was really him.
The face shattering was a jumper for him.  He watched that scene hiding his eyes behind the DVD cover.  (He was obsessively holding it and scanning it carefully for clues)

In October we will try to watch a Monster movie every weekend.  Universal land...here we come.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian