Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched

Started by Bogey, August 26, 2008, 08:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on February 07, 2020, 12:55:13 PM
At one point, we will get "Coronavirus" (one way, or another).

Yikes! I hope not👀🤢🤮🤧
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Haunt~I enjoyed this one....well except the end; that part felt a little forced to me.  Definitely see this getting added to my fall/Halloween rotation.

Mord

Quote from: zombiehorror on February 07, 2020, 02:28:48 PM
Haunt~I enjoyed this one....well except the end; that part felt a little forced to me.  Definitely see this getting added to my fall/Halloween rotation.
That's so common in most modern horror films. I think that someone could make a fortune as a "third act" writer. You know, let someone write the movie, then have a fresh mind conjure up a clever ending. Was this on Netflix.

Monsters For Sale

Repli-Kate, 2002 - A university research lab tinkering with instantaneous cloning of full-grown hamsters, has a slight mishap with interesting consequences.

Ali Landry Monteverde, James Roday, Desmond Askew, Eugene Levy and Kurt Fuller.

Primarily a comedy, this National Lampoon film has its foundations in sci-fi.  It has echoes of Star Trek replicators, The Fly, Switch, Animal House, Weird Science, and, ultimately, Being There.  It plays like French mistaken identity/switched bags farces and 1930's screwball comedies.

It's silly and Porky's adolescent but still manages to delve a bit into male-female relationships.

Its frenetic resolution ends with two very interesting climactic gags.  For my taste (no pun intended) I would have chosen the other one for the finale.

It ain't Shakespeare, but, if you are feeling silly and want to waste a little time...   Well, I liked it.
ADAM

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mord on February 07, 2020, 02:54:57 PM
That's so common in most modern horror films. I think that someone could make a fortune as a "third act" writer. You know, let someone write the movie, then have a fresh mind conjure up a clever ending. Was this on Netflix.

I don't believe it's on Netflix....at least I hope not, Vudu rental.  Just to be clear it was only the last 20-30 seconds of the movie that felt like a forced-tacked on ending.

Mike...In 3-D!

Quote from: zombiehorror on February 07, 2020, 02:28:48 PM

I was really enjoying it until the third act, too. There was one particular plot device that made me groan.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

zombiehorror

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 3~if you've enjoyed the first two seasons then I see no reason to not get a kick out of this one.

Monsters For Sale

A.I. Rising, 2018 - What if 2001's Dave went solo out into deep space with a walking, talking female-appearing HAL who's main function was to provide him companionship during those long months in space?

Sebastian Cavazza, Stoya and Marusa Majer.

A male cosmonaut who has been making repeated solo commercial journeys to distant places like Mars, is given a female android, ostensibly for companionship, on a long-haul trip to Alpha Centauri that will tax even him. 

Of course, the Ederlezi Corporation, who is funding this trip is not entirely honest with its employee.  And unforeseen complications do arise.

This English language, Serbian sci-fi film about an interstellar mission sometimes feels like it is taking place in real time.  It can seem to drag, but I think it is appropriate to the story.

Good looking for a film with a relatively low budget.  Quite a lot of nudity compared to your average space travel romp.*

*  If you want to see more explicit action, without the smoke, soft focus and discrete camera angles, Google the name Stoya.

ADAM

long live kong

Half way through 'The Outsider', having only recently read the  Stephen King novel. So far so good, it's very true to the source material, thanks to the 10 hour or so running time. I've enjoyed observing my girlfriend's reactions to the plot developments/twists!
Monster lovers never grow old....

BigShadow

Watched a VHS copy of House of Dracula last night.  Haven't seen the movie in about 20 years.  I do have it on DVD, but for some reason I wanted the VHS feel.  The copy was a little grainy, but overall not bad.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 09, 2020, 01:39:04 AM
on a long-haul trip to Alpha Centauri

And the company you worked for has been out of business for hundreds of years when you get back.  ;D
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

zombiehorror

Birds of Prey and the....yadda, yadda, yadda~One of the best DCU movies so far (not really a high standard in my book), fun, engaging and entertaining.

geezer butler

The Thing From Another World (1951)
Quatermass II (1957)
The Tomb of Ligeia (1964)
Billy the Kid vs Dracula (1966)

Mike...In 3-D!

Into the Dark: All That We Destroy (2019)
Death Line a.k.a. Raw Meat (1972)
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."