First image from the Munsters Remake "Mockingbird Heights"

Started by Universal_Adam, July 16, 2012, 03:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal_Adam

Quote from: Sean on July 17, 2012, 06:53:08 AM
What is Spot going to be?  A harlequin Great Dane that drools?  I hope it mauls Jerry O'Connell. >:D

Spot is apparently going to be in the show as well, and Bryan Fuller (I think that's who it was) Mentioned that he wanted to include The Creature From the Black Lagoon (Uncle Gilbert) at some point, and the Invisible man.  Apparently, even though he doesn't look like it, Herman is dead, and I guess "In a constant state of decay".  That will be one of the dynamics of th show.  Herman is constantly decaying and Lily doesn't age.
I'll probably still check it out..but it will be begrudgingly. lol
Check out my Universal Monster Facebook Fan Page!
http://www.facebook.com/Ultimateuniversalstudiosmonstersfanpage

Big Bad Wolf

Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf? The Big Bad Wolf! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? Lala lala laaa...

Universal_Adam

I notice some "scars" on Jerry O'Connell upclose.  So I guess that is a VERY slight improvement (In my opinion).  Is it just me or does Mr. Izzard look a bit like Sir Anthony Hopkins in The Wolfman Remake? lol

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: Universal_Adam on July 17, 2012, 10:06:00 AM
I notice some "scars" on Jerry O'Connell upclose.  So I guess that is a VERY slight improvement (In my opinion).  Is it just me or does Mr. Izzard look a bit like Sir Anthony Hopkins in The Wolfman Remake? lol

Yeah, I see it does appear he's stitched together at a few points. Better than nothing I suppose, but I still don't like it.
We Belong Dead...

LundyAfterMidnight

I'll pass, don't care. Thank gawd for PBS & the few retro channels I get.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

zombiehorror

Quote from: Monster Bob on July 17, 2012, 08:09:25 AM

Have they said if the character's names are the same? (Herman Munster, Lily, etc.) Does Herman still work at Gateman, Goodbury, and Graves?

Character names are the same!

I'm betting that he will, it would be the one thing that makes since about this whole reboot; If Herman in constant need of new parts then what better place could there be to work at!  I was also thinking that it would be interesting to replace Jerry O'Connel completely at some point with a different actor, I mean eventually Herman's head would rot and he'd need a new one, right?

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: zombiehorror on July 17, 2012, 04:06:07 PM
Character names are the same!

I'm betting that he will, it would be the one thing that makes since about this whole reboot; If Herman in constant need of new parts then what better place could there be to work at!  I was also thinking that it would be interesting to replace Jerry O'Connel completely at some point with a different actor, I mean eventually Herman's head would rot and he'd need a new one, right?

They're turning The Munsters into Doctor Who?  ???
We Belong Dead...

Haunted hearse

What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Wolfman

Oa a scale of 1 to 10, I'm giving this show a -1,000,000

JP

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: Wolfman on July 17, 2012, 04:40:01 PM
Oa a scale of 1 to 10, I'm giving this show a -1,000,000

JP

That's not between 1 and 10 silly goose!
We Belong Dead...

aura of foreboding

I love the staricase, but think the costumes and make-up are abominable.  How did this go so far astray?  Also, what era is this set in?  Because those are not modern clothes.  I actually like Marilyn.  She looks like Marilyn.  But the rest?  Terrible.  Why does Universal even own the rights to the Monsters if it doesn't let their makeup/costumes be used? 

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 17, 2012, 04:44:19 PM
I love the staricase, but think the costumes and make-up are abominable.  How did this go so far astray?  Also, what era is this set in?  Because those are not modern clothes.  I actually like Marilyn.  She looks like Marilyn.  But the rest?  Terrible.  Why does Universal even own the rights to the Monsters if it doesn't let their makeup/costumes be used?

In all fairness, in the original series they were described as "very old fashioned", so their clothes could certainly be described as such with today's standards.
We Belong Dead...

Haunted hearse

Brought to you by the same studio that thought updating Psycho, and casting Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates, was a great idea.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: Haunted hearse on July 17, 2012, 05:08:18 PM
Brought to you by the same studio that thought updating Psycho, and casting Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates, was a great idea.

Oh God, that explains a lot actually XD
We Belong Dead...

Universal_Adam

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/57381/san-diego-comic-con-2012-updates-mockingbird-lane-hannibal-and-do-no-harm

Here's an article that has the full interview with Bryan Fuller about Mockingbird Heights.  After watching this, and getting more info, and getting where he's coming from..I see his point.  I think I'll give this show a shot.  After all, I was a die hard Pushing Daisies fan, so I'm a fan of Mr. Fuller's work.  Look at me flip flopping..lol  :P