Zombie!

Started by Toy Ranch, December 07, 2007, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmon M

Thanks so much for your response on this, I appreciate it greatly!

Hepcat

Quote from: Anton Phibes on March 18, 2017, 07:41:01 PMI know this thread is positively ancient, and this is considered necroposting.

Why would you even mention the concept?

???

There's no credence to it whatsoever. New threads should not be created when old threads already exist on a topic.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Gory Glenn

This one was up on eBay recently but ended unsold. I got it from a very reliable source that this version was cast by Dwayne Whitehead from an original Langdon Zombie mask. It is the closest you'll get to having the real thing. The seller was asking $600.00. They may have had a change of heart as they mentioned the only reason they were selling it was to finance another mask purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Verne-Langdon-Zombie-Mask-80-s-ORIGINAL-MASK-RECAST-Not-Don-Post-RARE-/282742686639?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107095009%26meid%3Dcf60ab42deb044e6b987160cdc396485%26pid%3D100040%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D302508595044&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=yh86TGcpiLW9OKgDCQ3%252FXwAYwvY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Anton Phibes

I contacted them after the auction ended.... and it was sold off the books. IE NO EBAY.

$600 was a bit too steep for me I'm afraid.

I guess I will stick with my figure his estate sold and my cd. Probably never gonna own any copy, of any rendition, of this character unfortunately. Everyone seems to love him as much as Shock Monster....but he never seems to stay in circulation....and always only a smattering of editions (less than 50) when he does see a new version. So I'm just gonna give up and be content with my figure.  :'(

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 28, 2017, 01:35:29 PM
I contacted them after the auction ended.... and it was sold off the books. IE NO EBAY.

$600 was a bit too steep for me I'm afraid.

I guess I will stick with my figure his estate sold and my cd. Probably never gonna own any copy, of any rendition, of this character unfortunately. Everyone seems to love him as much as Shock Monster....but he never seems to stay in circulation....and always only a smattering of editions (less than 50) when he does see a new version. So I'm just gonna give up and be content with my figure.  :'(

That's an eBay no no.  :o  Yeah, the chances of finding an affordable Langdon Zombie mask are zero to none. Shock Monster is a lot easier since Justin Mabry and ToTS have the license.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Gory Glenn on November 28, 2017, 01:42:43 PM
That's an eBay no no.  :o  Yeah, the chances of finding an affordable Langdon Zombie mask are zero to none. Shock Monster is a lot easier since Justin Mabry and ToTS have the license.

Well, it might be an ebay no no....but not in this case. The auction had already ended....with no bids. Just watchers. I am sure they probably just sold it to one of the HMA or UMA fellas... since it ran its course on ebay and no one was brave or rich enough to pull the trigger. So no ebay.

I was merely inquiring if they were going to re-list it, as the temptation was great. They then informed me they sold it at another venue other than ebay and got what they wanted from it. So no one was doing anything underhanded to keep ebay out of the loop. Ebay and ebayers (like me) had our chance.....and no one ponied up the dough. So the seller moved on. Happens alla time. :angel:

As for rights to the Langdon Zombie....as a mask....why doesn't the estate make a new one? They have for Neanderthal and made a mask of the Druid Seance album cover. Why doesn't the estate make a new version?  Or license someone else to? They plaster the Zombie's mug on Figures, shirts, pins, cds and...wait for it... mugs,lol. Why not masks? 8) ???

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 28, 2017, 01:56:51 PM
Well, it might be an ebay no no....but not in this case. The auction had already ended....with no bids. Just watchers. I am sure they probably just sold it to one of the HMA or UMA fellas... since it ran its course on ebay and no one was brave or rich enough to pull the trigger. So no ebay.

That of course is an entirely different story.

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 28, 2017, 01:56:51 PM
As for rights to the Langdon Zombie....as a mask....why doesn't the estate make a new one? They have for Neanderthal and made a mask of the Druid Seance album cover. Why doesn't the estate make a new version?  Or license someone else to? They plaster the Zombie's mug on Figures, shirts, pins, cds and...wait for it... mugs,lol. Why not masks? 8) ???

Good question and one that many have asked before.

Anton Phibes

Add me to the list then I guess, Glenn,lol. I would be happy to buy a nice mask to help keep the character alive. Eventually, he will become as obscure a reference as some other Don Post masks of the past if they don't re-invigorate him in some way for the public. Don't get me wrong....I love alll the other trinkets I have. Especially the figure. But, like Shock Monster, he  started as a mask. Seems fitting to have a mask of some sort. :angel:

Gory Glenn

Based on yours and others interest in this I asked Chris Zephro of ToTS if they ever contacted the Langdon estate about doing a mass produced version of this mask. He said that he did and they agreed but they eventually decided against it. He didn't say why.

Anton Phibes

Hmnnnn....that sucks. >:(

Kidagain

Quote from: Gory Glenn on November 28, 2017, 05:54:00 PM
Based on yours and others interest in this I asked Chris Zephro of ToTS if they ever contacted the Langdon estate about doing a mass produced version of this mask. He said that he did and they agreed but they eventually decided against it. He didn't say why.
It might have looked too much like Karloff!!!!

Anton Phibes

He does look a little like him....but surely you jest,lol.  8)

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Kidagain on November 28, 2017, 06:03:05 PM
It might have looked too much like Karloff!!!!

LOL! As I was typing that reply in the back of my mind I was thinking "if Kidagain sees this...." and sure enough. ;D

Kidagain

Glenn.I couldn't resist.

propman

I felt my ear twitch so I thought I would come back and check in here at the UMA.
Glenn that is an earlier copy of the VL Zombie from my mold. Nice score!!!