Input on a new TV show

Started by Dr. Blasko, July 02, 2012, 10:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horror1o1

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 03, 2012, 03:20:37 AM
Pretty much lol

Oh, there's also a character named Carl who brings the viewer mail. He looks like the Ro-man in Robot Monster :P and Fritz is very much like Feldman in Young Frankenstein.

Sounds good i'm excited.
It's all about the Horror.

Fester

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 03, 2012, 03:10:53 AM
You can send however you want.

Our hands are tied as far as rehashing goes due to the requirement that all films be in PD. That being said, we want to do more popular films first to build our viewership on campus do they will tune in for lesser known films later on.

Good rationale for the film selection--make sense, now you mention it.  There are some wonderfully weird and strange Public Domain movies out there.  Good for season two.
I'll send out a some letters soon.

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: Fester on July 03, 2012, 03:33:36 AM
Good rationale for the film selection--make sense, now you mention it.  There are some wonderfully weird and strange Public Domain movies out there.  Good for season two.
I'll send out a some letters soon.

Thanks. Knew I was a fart smeller, I mean smart feller ;)
We Belong Dead...

missdead13

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 02, 2012, 11:46:20 PM
Our first episode will actually feature The Satanic Rites of Dracula, so there will be lots of (albeit censored) boob

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 02, 2012, 10:24:46 PM
We certainly want a bit of a comedic vibe as we have interactions between Dr. Blasko and his assistant Fritz. What I want is input from members here as to what would make these host segments enjoyable for viewers, especially those who may not be familiar with the films we are showing.

I volunteer as your assistant , if Fritz doesnt work out .  :laugh:  I do believe I am well equipped , so to speak, for the job . its right up my alley ;).
" Your future is in an oblong box "

horror1o1

Quote from: missdead13 on July 03, 2012, 04:10:12 AM
I volunteer as your assistant , if Fritz doesnt work out .  :laugh:  I do believe I am well equipped , so to speak, for the job . its right up my alley ;).

Well maybe you will make it for the 3d show?lol!  ;)
It's all about the Horror.

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: missdead13 on July 03, 2012, 04:10:12 AM

Well he is constantly doing things that make Dr. Blasko want to fire him XD
We Belong Dead...

missdead13

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 03, 2012, 04:23:18 AM
Well he is constantly doing things that make Dr. Blasko want to fire him XD

see. you wouldnt have that problem with me . . at all.  ( wheres the smiley with angel wings & halo )  >:D
" Your future is in an oblong box "

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: missdead13 on July 03, 2012, 04:32:03 AM
see. you wouldnt have that problem with me . . at all.  ( wheres the smiley with angel wings & halo )  >:D

Close enough ;)
We Belong Dead...

Count_Zirock

Green screen vs. sets. Well, MST3K had a great set. When the series ended, it was broken up and auctioned on eBay. Ten years later, when they wanted to do some new inserts for the DVD sets, they got some screen captures, used green screen, and it looked perfect! (They did have to build a new front console to hide the puppeteers.) If you have some great model builders, you could really make a nice quarter-scale set. Otherwise, I'd go with a real set. If you have some talented set painters in the theater dept., might as well use them! Then, some limited props. Steampunk is pretty popular now, so a lot of outdated computers spray-painted bronze and copper might look cool, with hidden dry-ice to look like steam is powering them. You could have a funky, green-screen computer monitor made from a cardboard box and bits of plastic, to put up your letters, and other info-- put up images from the movies, one-sheet posters, stills, etc.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

horrorhunter

Quote from: Count_Zirock on July 03, 2012, 08:02:19 PM
Green screen vs. sets. Well, MST3K had a great set. When the series ended, it was broken up and auctioned on eBay. Ten years later, when they wanted to do some new inserts for the DVD sets, they got some screen captures, used green screen, and it looked perfect! (They did have to build a new front console to hide the puppeteers.) If you have some great model builders, you could really make a nice quarter-scale set. Otherwise, I'd go with a real set. If you have some talented set painters in the theater dept., might as well use them! Then, some limited props. Steampunk is pretty popular now, so a lot of outdated computers spray-painted bronze and copper might look cool, with hidden dry-ice to look like steam is powering them. You could have a funky, green-screen computer monitor made from a cardboard box and bits of plastic, to put up your letters, and other info-- put up images from the movies, one-sheet posters, stills, etc.
Yeah, and: Have a lab table with lots of beakers and tubes full of strange colored liquids (like Bernie Wrightson used to draw the crap out of); and include as many old monster toys/posters/props as possible. Like Uncle Milton Marx repops (or originals if ya got'em), reissue Aurora models, monster soakies , reprinted classic movie posters/lobby cards, reprinted life-size monster posters, etc.... We love seeing that stuff. It could really help to put the show over.  Zombie In Luv
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 03, 2012, 09:47:14 PM
     Yeah, and: Have a lab table with lots of beakers and tubes full of strange colored liquids (like Bernie Wrightson used to draw the crap out of); and include as many old monster toys/posters/props as possible. Like Uncle Milton Marx repops (or originals if ya got'em), reissue Aurora models, monster soakies , reprinted classic movie posters/lobby cards, reprinted life-size monster posters, etc.... We love seeing that stuff. It could really help to put the show over.  Zombie In Luv

I'm a little hesitant to use my collectibles on set since they're mine lol
We Belong Dead...

horrorhunter

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 03, 2012, 09:49:53 PM
I'm a little hesitant to use my collectibles on set since they're mine lol
Take one for the team, dude.  >:D
     I don't blame you. My stuff stays home on the shelf.  :laugh:
     Those repops and reprinted posters are pretty cheap though. The fans would devour the ambience.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 03, 2012, 09:55:18 PM
     Take one for the team, dude.  >:D
     I don't blame you. My stuff stays home on the shelf.  :laugh:
     Those repops and reprinted posters are pretty cheap though. The fans would devour the ambience.  ;)

Yeah, the posters would work fine. Would I be ok to have posters up for movies not in the PD?
We Belong Dead...

horrorhunter

Quote from: Dr. Blasko on July 03, 2012, 10:12:06 PM
Yeah, the posters would work fine. Would I be ok to have posters up for movies not in the PD?
More fodder for that lawyer bit! LOL
     OOOOPS.... here comes a real lawsuit!
     Seriously, I'd check with someone well versed in copyright law.
     I do know that Penny Dreadful and others have the Dollar Tree posters displayed on their sets, and have had for years. They must not have caught any grief.
     The Dollar Tree posters display some UniMons and The Big G. These things had to have been unauthorized. They were a buck each.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Dr. Blasko

Quote from: horrorhunter on July 03, 2012, 10:21:49 PM
     More fodder for that lawyer bit! LOL
     OOOOPS.... here comes a real lawsuit!
     Seriously, I'd check with someone well versed in copyright law.
     I do know that Penny Dreadful and others have the Dollar Tree posters displayed on their sets, and have had for years. They must not have caught any grief.
     The Dollar Tree posters display some UniMons and The Big G. These things had to have been unauthorized. They were a buck each.

I got some neat little universal figures at DT for a quarter each actually now that you say that ^_^
We Belong Dead...