Check Out These Monster Toy Photo's

Started by Monolith, June 14, 2012, 08:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

Thanks Hepcat! I finally had a chance to take a few more photo's, so here they are.

The first two are a plastic Creature mask.

This is my Remco mini Dracula...

And my Remco mini Phantom...

And this is the Mr Hyde plaster bust from the 1977 Gabriel Monster Machine...

And this is my favorite of this batch of photo's- The plaster Frankenstein bust from the 1977 Gabriel Monster
Machine...

Hepcat

Those are awesome!

But what is the Gabriel Monster Machine?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on February 17, 2013, 02:40:18 PM
Those are awesome!

But what is the Gabriel Monster Machine?

???

Thanks Hep!

Gabriel, the same company that made Lone Ranger and Tonto dolls in the '70's made the Monster Machine- It was
a set of five molds and some plaster casting material called "Muck". You could pour the muck into the mold and put it in the caster to set to make plaster busts of five monsters; Frankenstein's monster, Bigfoot, Hornagor, Galaxogg, and
a bust with Dr Jekyll on one side and Mr Hyde on the other. There is a picture of it here...

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=949.0

And here's the box back where you can see the other monsters...

RedKing

Awesome Mono! I remember the Gabriel monster casting machine from when i was a kid. I think my cousins had it.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Monolith

Thanks RedKing!

I just took a few photo's of my AHI Frankenstein. Here they are, hope you like them...

I'm working on some full body shots of him and some more AHI's that I'll post soon, too.

TheHoldingCoat

More awesome work, Monolith! I especially like the first and third shots. The third one really looks like a life-size actor in costume and makeup, rather than a little figure.

charp13

They are art gallery material, that's for sure! What a beautiful way to incorporate toys into wall art! I can imagine whole rooms decorated with these framed photos. They are so very lovely to look at!

marsattacks666

Wow, Monolith!!!  Very exciting, vibrant! ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Monolith

Quote from: TheHoldingCoat on March 23, 2013, 05:21:08 PM
More awesome work, Monolith! I especially like the first and third shots. The third one really looks like a life-size actor in costume and makeup, rather than a little figure.

Thanks Holdingcoat! I try to bring them to life as much as I can.

Monolith

Quote from: charp13 on March 23, 2013, 06:35:11 PM
They are art gallery material, that's for sure! What a beautiful way to incorporate toys into wall art! I can imagine whole rooms decorated with these framed photos. They are so very lovely to look at!

Thanks for the compliments charp13! I'm glad you like them. Here's one more to look at -it's the AHI Creature.

Monolith

Quote from: marsattacks666 on March 27, 2013, 02:35:01 AM
Wow, Monolith!!!  Very exciting, vibrant! ;D

Thanks marsattacks666! I was very pleased with how the AHI Frankenstein photo's turned out. I'm glad others find them exciting, too.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Monolith on March 28, 2013, 07:18:00 AM
Thanks marsattacks666! I was very pleased with how the AHI Frankenstein photo's turned out. I'm glad others find them exciting, too.

Really awesome!!! More please. ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

TheHoldingCoat

That latest photo of The Creature has such motion! He could be swimming through the depths of the psychedelic Technicolor Lagoon.

Hepcat

I'm in awe at the results Monolith achieves with just very basic technology.

:o

Collecting! It's what I do!

Monolith

Quote from: Hepcat on March 29, 2013, 11:11:55 PM
I'm in awe at the results Monolith achieves with just very basic technology.

:o

Thanks Hepcat! Some of them take two to two and a half hours to work on, but I have fun doing it. I'm glad you guys like them. Here's one of an AHI Dracula.

And here's an AHI Wolfman.