Check Out These Monster Toy Photo's

Started by Monolith, June 14, 2012, 08:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monolith

Here's one more of the Creature figure with the Aurora body and Marx arms and head. Sometimes when I'm taking a photo I know pretty much what I want the final image to look like. This was one of those times. Since the Creature is in a swimming position I knew I wanted him to look like he's under water swimming up to the surface. I attached a stiff wire to the hole in his foot to support him in this pose and removed the wire in editing.

hugohernandez

AMAZING PHOTO.

did you ever try immersing creature in actual liquid?
I was thinking oil would be interesting and probably photograph with more detail than water.

of course it would ruin the creature figure.     I was thinking of all the cool bubbles and swirls you get with oil.

Creature from the Mazola Lagoon.
"hanging with the mothmen, everybody's favorite disguise"

Monolith

Quote from: hugohernandez on May 29, 2014, 12:38:35 PM
AMAZING PHOTO.

did you ever try immersing creature in actual liquid?
I was thinking oil would be interesting and probably photograph with more detail than water.

of course it would ruin the creature figure.     I was thinking of all the cool bubbles and swirls you get with oil.

Creature from the Mazola Lagoon.

I do have a fish tank and I was thinking I'd try some pics of a Creature figure under actual water, but I haven't
had a chance to try it yet, and I never thought of oil. I'm sure oil will be a lot messier to deal with but I'm sure it could yield some good results. I was also going to try some photo's of a Creature emerging out of real water, too.

Monolith

Not really a monster, more of a hero. Jet Jaguar appeared in GODZILLA VS. MEGALON in which he fought Gigan and Megalon alongside Godzilla. this is the Billiken figure which is about a foot tall. Here, I tried to make him look about as big as I could. I didn't do too much editing on this one, just a little. Just thought you might like to see it.

Sometimes I'll do multiple treatments of the same photo. This is another billiken Jet Jaguar...

And here is the same photo with a different treatment. I can't decide which I like best. Let me know what you think...

RedKing

Mono-your pics are simply mind blowing!! LOVE THEM! :laugh:
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Monolith

Thanks RedKing. Here's one more photo of the Billiken Jet Jaguar, maybe you'll like this , too. It's a little bit of a different style.

Monolith

Here's one more Creature. This is the Forum Novelties mask again.

Monolith

And this is an AHI Frankenstein.

And here's a color version I did of the same AHI Frankenstein.

RedKing

TheHoldingCoat

Fabulous photos, as always, Monolith! I particularly like that first Jet Jaguar - looks better than the actual rubber-suited actor from the actual movie! My other favorite is that black and white Jet Jaguar. Playing around with the graphic shapes is a nice, different stylistic approach.

Monolith

Thanks RedKing and HoldingCoat, glad you like them.
How 'bout a Gort? This is a little five inch die cast metal figure.

Here's another shot of the same little figure.

Mcdee

I took these shots in 2010, using actual lighting .... no photoshop, just lights...

Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

Monolith

Mcdee-- cool. What Frankenstein is that? One can definitely get some great results by playing around with lighting, I do that, too. One time I made a doll of the Hindu goddess Kali and I photographed her with a red light on one side and a green light on the other for some effects. In the '70's I got a 35 mm film camera and would sometimes color the black and white prints when I got them back with watercolors or markers. And a few times I drew on the prints with black ink. But lighting, I would say, can really make or break a photo.

Here's one more of the little five inch die-cast Gort.

Mcdee

Quote from: Monolith on June 16, 2014, 02:27:37 AM
Mcdee-- cool. What Frankenstein is that?

Thanks Monolith... It's the Moebius Frankenstein after I did a few modifications to it.
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

RedKing

Beautiful McDee! Mario Bava would be proud! Love the Gort photos Mono!