AMT Bigfoot reissue

Started by RedKing, March 10, 2012, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKing

i LOVE this kit and am so glad it was finally reissued. It has been a grail kit for me for years. I originally got one for my 7th birthday in 1978, around the time I started to get into cryptozoology and UFOs. the kit is quite large, bigger than the Auroras-Sasquatch is about 9 inches tall and the base diameter is also a good 9 inches! i wnt to get another kit and paint him white and modify the base for a Yeti. ;D

Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

Count_Zirock

I've never seen a build-up of this kit before. Never realized how cartoonish the sculpt is. And that loincloth is a hoot! Reminds of the Fox execs demanding pants on Chewbacca when "Star Wars" was being made! You did a great paint job on him and the base. Did you leave any glowing parts?
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

RICKH

Very nice work!  I look foward to seeing your Yeti version of the kit.
You can't kill the boogeyman.  Halloween (1978)

Unknown Primate

Looks great, Mike!  Even though he's not my idea of what a Bigfoot might look like, he has a cool, bigfootish monster-man look to him!  I'm gonna have to break down and get one.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Count_Zirock

No loincloths! Let his freak flag fly! (Or flap... or dangle...)

Prof. Hemispheres

I bought this kit as well, but have yet to break him out. He's on my summer building schedule though.
You did a really nice job on yours. I have been debating on how to paint mine and was also thinking of going for the Yeti look....making him whitish, putting snow on the ground and such. Anyway, hats off! He looks super cool....cartoony, but cool!

RedKing

Thanks guys. yeah he doesn'y really look like what i think bigfoot really looks like, but he does have a groovy 70s cartoony vibe that i really dig. you could actually build him without the loincloth and he'd look just fine, I just wanted to do this one completely as intended. if I get a second one for a yeti, i am leaving the loin cloth off. Something about this sculpt just seems to me that it would look fantastic done in white/grey tones.

raycastile

I did not know you could build this model without the loincloth.  So he has a furry abdomen under that cloth?  I like going the traditional route, but I'd be very tempted to leave off that loincloth.
Raymond Castile

RedKing

Yup, he's completely furred under the loincloth. The only thing is a small hole on his back where the peg attaches that could be easily filled, and he's good to go loincloth free!

Count_Zirock

Okay, who's doing the blond paint job for U.P.?
Also, what's the price range on this kit?

RedKing

HA! UP definitely needs a blond one! With shipping, the kit goes for around $25 on amazon. I also did leave all the glow parts. I painted them with thin washes and light dry brushing so they still glow.

jimm

Very nice job, somehow totally missed this release as a kid!