Limited edition Jack Pierce Mego style action figure

Started by Mego73, February 21, 2012, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mego73

Retro-maniac at large

turnbolt

Wich2

Cool indeed.

Though the sculpt, with a little tweaking, would look more like Chaney Sr. ... (Hmmm... that's an idea...)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

ramsey37

That's a cool figure, but the $75.00 price tag makes it an easy pass for me.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

nospillblood

Jack always had a look about him that really creeps me out. But of course that just makes me like the figure even more.

Moonshadow

Quote from: ramsey37 on February 22, 2012, 11:25:24 AM
That's a cool figure, but the $75.00 price tag makes it an easy pass for me.
George

Same here.

Anton Phibes

I wouldnt care to pay $75 for the figure (as its limited to 50, and sculpted by Mike Hill). But I cannot go to the event, which means I dont get a shot at a figure. I always hate these convention exclusives and stuff of that sort. Kinda puts a damper on the fun of collecting a line when you have to jump thru hoops to buy the next entry.

raycastile

Is this really an "official" part of Diamond's retro cloth Unimonster series?  Will it be sold in similar packaging?  And will it have a soft, hollow head or a solid, resin head?  My interest level in this figure depends on whether it is a legitimate addition to the Diamond series.  It sounds like this is a handmade, custom figure produced by Emce, not a manufactured toy produced by Diamond.  I believe Emce designs the retro cloth toys for Diamond, but they are two separate companies.  So I don't know if you would say the Diamond retro cloth Unimonster line is not "complete" without this Jack Pierce figure.
Raymond Castile

Mord

I have to agree with Ray. This seems more like a custom 1off than a legitimate part of the series. Pretty nice though.

raycastile

It's a cool figure and a nice tribute to Pierce.  I am going to Monsterpalooza, so I will have a chance to see it in person.  I might buy it, if there are any left.  I imagine most will sell before the show.

I wish there was a similar Lon Chaney figure with Maxx FX-style costumes of his most famous characters, plus a little makeup box and a dressing room mirror.

Makes me think of Hugo, Man of a Thousand Faces.  Now that was a cool toy.

How about Hugo-style puppets of Chaney and Karloff?  I could see those actually hitting stores if they were marketed the right way.  I wish I had a toy company...I would get right on that...
Raymond Castile

Mord

All great ideas! I wish you did have a toy company. I'll be at the show too, but I'm afraid the dealers will get them all before the general public even has a chance to see them. I wonder how feasible of an idea it would be to have fellow UMAers invest and get a cool toy company off the ground. We do have the forum for it.

Wich2

>It sounds like this is a handmade, custom figure produced by Emce, not a manufactured toy produced by Diamond.<

Pretty sure Emce is the semi-official reMego company that does all the real toy work, and Diamond merely a distributor.

westbatman

Sorry, posted on wrong thread.

EDITOR MFTV

Quote from: raycastile on February 24, 2012, 07:35:07 PM
Is this really an "official" part of Diamond's retro cloth Unimonster series?  Will it be sold in similar packaging?  And will it have a soft, hollow head or a solid, resin head?  My interest level in this figure depends on whether it is a legitimate addition to the Diamond series.  It sounds like this is a handmade, custom figure produced by Emce, not a manufactured toy produced by Diamond.  I believe Emce designs the retro cloth toys for Diamond, but they are two separate companies.  So I don't know if you would say the Diamond retro cloth Unimonster line is not "complete" without this Jack Pierce figure.
You can order it online (www.fearwerx.com). I ordered mine online from them and have the option to pick it up at Monsterplooza or have it shipped to me after the show. I'll be at the show so I'm picking it and the chair up there.
Jim Clatterbaugh
Editor/Publisher MFTV
www.monstersfromthevault.com