Gosh!!! Any Punk/New Wave/Dark Wave music fans in UMAland?!?

Started by marsattacks666, June 20, 2011, 02:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Where are all the Punk Rock, Alternative, New Wave, Goth, Dark Wave
fans or enthusiast? I know you are all out there. Don't be afraid or
shy to show your true underground roots.

I will start first...............

Christian Death: Burnt Offerings

The Misfits-Die Die My Darling

TSOL - No Way Out
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

bigbud

Marsattacks! I came up with a new phrase!  Slap a Punk......then play some funk!  What do you think? Love, Buddy

zombiehorror

Love me some punk but no so much on the goth stuff, to slow and boring for my taste; Though some consider Samhain to be goth so I guess there are some that I like.  Documentary channel just had a really good flick on called, You Weren't There: A History of Chicago Punk, 1977-1984 if you haven't seen it it is worth checking out!  Some really great bands and some interesting viewpoints on the punk scene in general!

marsattacks666

Quote from: zombiehorror on June 21, 2011, 12:42:33 PM
Love me some punk but no so much on the goth stuff, to slow and boring for my taste; Though some consider Samhain to be goth so I guess there are some that I like.  Documentary channel just had a really good flick on called, You Weren't There: A History of Chicago Punk, 1977-1984 if you haven't seen it it is worth checking out!  Some really great bands and some interesting viewpoints on the punk scene in general!

Cool!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

marsattacks666

Quote from: bigbud on June 21, 2011, 03:49:08 AM
Marsattacks! I came up with a new phrase!  Slap a Punk......then play some funk!  What do you think? Love, Buddy

Different.  :o

Wicked Lester

Been away awhile but had to chime in. IMO one of the best if not the best dark goth bands of the 80's early 90's.

The Sisters of Mercy -- Lucretia, My Reflection

The Sisters of Mercy "Black Planet"

IMO THE greatest punk song EVER!

DEAD KENNEDYS: Holiday in Cambodia

Excellent German darkwave/Goth hybrid. Dark , beautiful and moody.

Mantus: Mantusalem /Darkwave

And finally who can leave out the beautifully twisted girls in Switchblade Symphony.

Switchblade Symphony - Gutter Glitter

marsattacks666

Wicked Lester

Both good choices Mike.
I got the Damaged LP shortly after it came out and used to CRANK Rise Above since I was pretty newly married and working in a crap ass factory job making less than a buck above minimum wage. I finally did rise above and have a small house in the quiet burbs 2 paid off vehicles and am a warehouse supervisor for a power tool D.C but am still under paid $5 G's a year for what I do due to the economy.
It's kinda weird that I ended up this way and kinda threw most of my H.C punk beliefs to the curb years ago. I'm not gonna live in a van or crap ass apt. making low $ just for THE CAUSE. Tho I still feel like a bit of a hypocrite considering all the stuff I was spewing 25+ years ago whilst tending my gardens , mowing my lawn,driving my 30 K truck and drinking $10 a six craft beer every day. Guess people move on when they know THE CAUSE is a losing battle. Ah youth , we were young , had ideas , were ambitious and unfortunately naive. At least we tried which is more that I can say for most youth today that are total sheep BAAHH! attached to their phones Ipods tablets and gaming systems. I bet many of them never heard of Rwanda ,El Salvador death squads etc , etc.

marsattacks666

W.L. I bought the damaged and Iron Maiden's KILLERS LP around "82/83". Those two records DAMAGED
me for life. Lol. I'm 44yrs young now, I live in a beautiful home, and am married to a GOTH Wife( whom
btw is beautiful as well). But, all in all, I am still punk, and wear Punk, Metal and Horror t-shirts everyday.
You can take the Punk rocker out of the city.....but once a pUnk always a pUnk. It doesn't matter what
WE drive or live or whatever. The great thing is, I am surrounded by friends who listen to all forms of
Punk, Thrash, Ska, Goth, Dark wave...etc.

About this one......."I Love Livin' In The City" - Fear

charp13

Yes, yes mars, I listen to some old school and some new punk. It all started in the summer of 1977, when I was 15- my friend and I were sitting in the living room while her dad was watching 60 Minutes (barf) and they were talking about how horrible and insulting this new band -The Sex Pistols- were and they played a clip of G_d Save the Queen!!  That was all she wrote! We walked around singing those 2 lines from the song, until our record store got the record!
And the rest is our family history.....I raised my 2 offspring on Black Flag, Social Distortion, Misfits,etc. And I never had a minute of trouble from either child! Neither drank, smoked, or drugged, in fact- my son wore Xs on his hand for 3 years of high school, and had a straightedge band of his own. So, I guess I owe a lot to punk rock. 
Now that I'm ooooolder, I usually listen to Social D., Operation Ivy, Rancid, US Bombs, Misfits, etc.   I'm too old for the New Wave era, but I love Horrorcore.

Monolith

In the '70's and 80's I saw tons of punk bands. Here's a few I saw live; the Dead Kennedys, Flipper, X, Black Flag, the Proletariat, the Minuteman, the Fall,
the Cramps, SS Decontrol, the Gun Club, Husker Du, the Clash, Jerrys Kids, the Circle Jerks, the Angry Samoans, to name a few off the top of my head. I saw many more but it'll take me a while to remember all of them.

Hepcat

Quote from: Wicked Lester on June 21, 2011, 11:37:18 PM
Been away awhile but had to chime in. IMO one of the best if not the best dark goth bands of the 80's early 90's.

The Sisters of Mercy -- Lucretia, My Reflection

The Sisters of Mercy "Black Planet"
And finally who can leave out the beautifully twisted girls in Switchblade Symphony.

Switchblade Symphony - Gutter Glitter

I like both the Sisters of Mercy and Switchblade Symphony.

cl:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Hepcat on June 27, 2011, 02:59:23 PM
I like both the Sisters of Mercy and Switchblade Symphony.

cl:)

That just means there is still hope for you H.C.

I posted a long thread and for some reason it only half loaded and then disappeared. So here I go again 40 fricken minutes later. >:(

Punk Funk. Hope no one takes offense. HEP you should like this. A Blast from the past.

Dig it. Basic punk/James Brown and Earth Wind and Fire. 8)

Big Boys - White nnnnnn

Big Boys - Funk Off

This reminds me of a funky Souxie and the Banshees.
Bush Tetras Can't Be Funky

Speaking of which... Post Punk? Dark rock?

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Israel

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Wicked Lester

Quote from: Hepcat on June 30, 2011, 02:38:56 AM
I'll counter with the band that arguably started it all at CBGBs:

The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated MP3 Clear.

8)

WOW Hep! intellectual kitty that you are that is a newbie move. Try again you get a Monopoly free chance card O/W you are toast. ;) ;D