Showcase your Aurora figure kits here!

Started by Hepcat, March 31, 2011, 11:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mcdee

Quote from: Knighty1958 on May 07, 2011, 12:27:10 AM
Were all young, otherwise we wouldnt be doing this.Music & models-still makes me feel like I did 30 + years ago.
Agreed :)
Mcdee
Remember, it's not just a hobby, it's an obsession!

nemesis1

Hepcat

Here are some shots of a few more of my Aurora character kits:

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Hepcat

Aurora's figure models were only a part of Aurora's model kit offerings. The company was just as well known for its ships and planes, many of which featured Jo Kotula box art. Here I am with some of my Aurora military model kits:

8)

nemesis1

I love seeing this classic stuff, awesome lot Hepcat.

Hepcat

It's no wonder the Aurora monster model kits were a smash hit with youngsters. Check out these ads that appeared on the back of DC comics in 1963-64:

Rip Hunter 17

Rip Hunter 19

Combined with the fabulous box art by James Bama, kids didn't stand a chance of resisting these on store shelves!

;)

Hepcat

Here are scans of three more super cool Aurora monster model ads from the back covers of some of my DC comic books:

Rip Hunter 23

Hawkman 6

House of Mystery 154

cl:)

Hepcat

Dr. Jitters

Beautiful paint job, Dirtyhorse!  One of the best I've seen.  I love the variations of color on the slab of rock and overall tones. 

Mitchellmania

twilitezoner

DH, I know it would vary from kit to kit but how much time on average does it take you from start to finish on one of these?

Dirtyhorse

Yes, there are variables, of course, but I would say between 5-7 hours which includes the prep work. I usually have several projects
going, aside from my other businesses, so I never go from start to finish on any one piece. I jump around to prevent the burn out
factor, but still meet clients deadlines.