Richard A. Olson

Started by Richard, December 11, 2010, 01:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wich2

Dear Richard-

My most heartfelt prayers for rest for your Dad, and comfort for his loved ones. Thank you for sharing the wonderful memories (oh, how I remember opening treasures in the car before getting home...)

It sounds like you were richly blessed.

The largest of monster hugs,
-Craig

Scary Terry

My condolences, Richard.  Your dad sounds like he was a great guy -- and a lot like mine, gone now for 16 years -- both in the service in the '40s and supportive and generous with the model kits and mags for their monster-crazed kid.  Not everyone is lucky enough to have had a father like that.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of my dad and feel his presence in my life.  Cherish the memories and know he'll always be with you.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Gasport

Richard,
             Well, what else can i say that all my fellow members haven't already so eloquently voiced? Your wonderful memorial to your dad totally choked me up and brought back fond memories of my own father. Also a veteran of the Marines during WWII and would never say no when i spotted a monster mag or toy at the local stationery store every Sunday when we would go to pick up the newspaper together. My dad passed away back in '82, so i envy the long, loving relationship you had with yours. Happy to say my mom is 87 and lives here with us in her own apartment we added onto the house for her shortly after my dad passed. My kids [24 and 17] have had the unusual benefit of having a live-in grandparent their whole lives and have been enriched by the experience. For this i am thankful beyond words... My thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences are with you tonight, my friend. Wishing you strength and healing in the weeks and months to come.
                                                                                                                                                                         Mike Gilks

charp13

Dear Richard, I am also sending you my condolences with a heavy heart. Your shared memories mean a lot to us all and like everyone here, I sincerely wish I could comfort you in person. It means a lot when someone shares  pictures and stories that touch our hearts, but it means the world when you share them at a time like this. I wish you the best and hope that you can return to this board with more of your beautiful stories whenever you have time. You are in my thoughts this holiday season, dear friend.   Charlotte

Unknown Primate

Very sorry to hear of this.  Sounds like you'll have plenty of wonderful memories of your father.  Thanks for sharing your very special "first monster stuff" story.  Peace be with you.
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

michblk

Richard, I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss.  May God Bless you and your family in getting through these difficult times.

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

raycastile

I am very sorry, Richard.  Thank you for sharing those memories of your father.
Raymond Castile

CreepyJeff

So so sorry to hear this sad news, Richard.  My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.   I echo much of what has been posted and wish I could give you one of your own famous monster hugs.  Thank you for sharing your memories with us.
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

ICEMANN333

Richard sorry about your loss may your father  rest in peace ................memories keep all of us going everyday..........big john ice

GAKENSTEIN

I am sorry for your loss Richard.  My dad ignited and and kindled my Monster Kid flame too.  He lives out in Missouri now, about 900 miles from here.  Think I'll give him a call.
"Supernatural perhaps, baloney perhaps not!"

gracebuster

Oh Richard, what a clear and wonderful picture you have painted of your dad.

What a fine line a dad must walk between giving and teaching.

If he gives his son everything the boy learns nothing.

If he teaches him constantly and gives nothing the boy STILL learns nothing.

To know intuitively at which moment to give a gift so that it will have the greatest impact is clearly a talent your father possessed!

I know he taught you well because I know that, as a father, you are unequaled. Your wonderful daughters are a living testament to your father's love for you.

God Bless him, my dear friend. And God Bless and your family for continuing his love forward.

RedKing

Richard, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your Dad sounds like a great guy, I have many similar memories with my Dad, who luckily is still here.
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

smmayhem

Richard, just discovered your post and so sorry to hear about the loss of your DAD.  So sorry for your loss!  Our family's thoughts and prayers are with you!

Rick
Rick
Stoner's Monster Mayhem

fmofmpls

Dear Richard. I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your dad must have been one heck of a guy (and father) to raise such a sweet and kind man like yourself. He did good .. very good.

Please call me anytime if you'd like to talk. 
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.