goodbye barbara billingsley

Started by ChattyLMS, October 16, 2010, 05:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChattyLMS

goodbye mrs cleaver.  have a safe trip to heaven and don't forget your pearls.   :'(

Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

typhooforme

Although her acting career dates back to the mid-1940s, it's as Beaver and Wally's mother that we all picture her in our mind's eye--Miss Billingsley was in many ways a Mother To Us All.  She was related, by her first marriage, to Peter Billingsley ("Ralphie") of CHRISTMAS STORY fame.  In later years, she was the voice of "Nanny" on the MUPPET BABIES animated series.  Rest in peace, Mrs. Cleaver.
Robert in Ohio

"I don't care what they do, so long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."   Mrs. Patrick Campbell

Illoman

thelatewinslowleach

One of the first somewhat accurate family shows, I finally saw some "Ozzie and Harriet's" recently and went "wha...."), I could say many of my early years my hometown was Mayfield like. Ms. Billingsley was the anchor of the show and always did a great job.
My music is for Phoenix. Only she can sing it. Anyone else who tries, dies.

Wicked Lester

Wow. Another childhood icon gone. :(

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Creature Features

"It's Alive...oh, It's Alive! It's Alive, It's Alive...IT'S ALIVE!!!"

The Creeper

Long live the UMA!

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Scatter

We still watch the Beav on Sunday mornings. RIP June, and say "hi" to Ward for us.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

artistguy

Safe passage B.B... I think I just heard her say.. "Ward, I'm worried about the Beave.." Although I was born in 66',  these reruns are part of my childhood memories!

ramsey37

Barbara had at least one genre appearance. She had a small part in the 1951 version of "Angels in the Outfield". I watched it recently on DVD and remember thinking "Hey, that's Barbara Billingsley!" RIP Mrs. Cleaver.
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Sean

These childhood icons passing is depressing me.  RIP, Mrs. Cleaver.

ramsey37

BTW, the 1951 "Angels in the Outfield" will air at 11:00 am CST tomorrow on TCM. See if you can spot Barbara!
George
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.