AHOY!! Its Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Started by Fester, September 19, 2010, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fester

Ahoy, All ye scurvy dawgs!
This here be a major holiday.

September 19th be the official-like, honest, gen-you-wine, International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Sos git a little swagger in yer walk,  some grumble in yer voice, and mebbee some rum in yer belly and talk like a pirate!

Fer Details: http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

I'm off ta git me some rum an' settle in fer a Robert Newton movie marathon!

Yarrrrr!

hammerfan

Yo Ho!   and shiver me timbers there matey!
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

charp13

My whole family sounds like pirates every time we say certain words like "ice cream bar" or " park". We have a hybrid Michigan/Florida accent that is just grotesque!  We have added some Southern people into our family that are delighted by our freakish accents, but today is truly a great day for those of us that hang onto that "arrr" sound way too long! Long Live Talk Like A Pirate Day!!!!!

Opera Ghost

"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Opera Ghost

Truly, a (degrading) picture is worth a thousand Scooby Snax
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

Gillman-Fan

Yaarh, the termites in me wooden leg takes me mind offa' me chronic scurvy! Yaarh.

FACTO2

Since it was Sunday, I went to Church and ended up having to say ten Arrrrr Fathers.
John Tucky
X-O Facto
http://www.xofacto.com/
"If you go through life without any expectations, you'll never be disappointed."

ChattyLMS

i've heard of this in the last couple of years.  who invented it?  is it celebrated on the same date every year?  will Hallmark turn it into a gift giving holiday?
Laura ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Dr.Teufel Geist

Quote from: ChattyLMS on September 23, 2010, 07:01:25 PM
i've heard of this in the last couple of years.  who invented it?  is it celebrated on the same date every year?  will Hallmark turn it into a gift giving holiday?

John Baur and Mark Summers, who invented this day in 1995.