Autographs!!

Started by Lugosifan1, March 19, 2008, 02:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister Seymour

Elena Verdugo.

Sir Masksalot

That's a good shot of the two of them.

Farley Flavors

I went to a local convention (Haunters Against Hate) this weekend and got autographs from Judith O'Dea and Russell Streiner from the original "Night of the Living Dead". Despite being fully vaccinated, I was still nervous about going. This was my first con in four years and I was about the only person there wearing a face mask - yet I still came down with a bad sore throat the next day. My immune system isn't the best, but hopefully that'll be the worst of it.

Both O'Dea and Streiner were very cool to talk with. I just wish I'd made up my mind about attending sooner, as the autographs were $40 each. If I knew I'd be investing that much, I would have ordered a cool poster (I've seen some gorgeous NOTLD prints from a lot of talented artists) to have something more unique signed than these B&W screengrabs  - though both are classic shots:

My brief recollections, for anyone interested:

Russ Streiner is sharp as a tack. Any topic you threw at him (be it about the movie or working on industrial films and commercials with George Romero), he had a reply at the ready. Same goes for Judith. I'm a nervous person as it is, so it's great when a guest makes small talk that effortless for me.

The pic I chose for Judith to sign prompted her to share an interesting tidbit: The ring she wears in the film (shown in the photo) was a signet ring from her father that she still has to this day. We also talked a bit about a short science fiction story she had written and shared on her website. She was glad to hear I enjoyed reading it and mentioned she'd hoped it could be turned into a movie.

I only budgeted $100 to spend on autographs, so I had to pass on getting John Amplas (Creepshow, Martin, Day of the Dead). I usually don't approach a guest unless I plan on buying something, but Judith ended up calling him over to take our photo op - so at least I got to tell him I dig his work. It was a little awkward, though. I brought two cameras with me (my cellphone and a Canon Powershot). Despite messing around with the settings, neither one would take a decent shot indoors. They were either blown out or blurry. John had to have been losing patience, because it took at least three minutes and several attempts (at my insistence) before we got even a halfway decent one. I apologized, but he was nice about it ("Do I look like I'm busy?"). Judith joked about the situation ("TAKE 86!"). Her eyes were closed in one shot, so she said something like "Should I get eyelid surgery to make them wider?" ;D

barkleythedoggo

Quote from: Lugosifan1 on July 14, 2017, 04:25:58 AM
  a few more, hope you guys enjoy it !
Awesome gets Mario. JW - I am always on the hunt for surviving cast/stunt ppl from the original Universal Horror monster series. Have June Lockhart, Donnie dunagan, ricou browning, Brett Halsey etc.... Any sense of any others I might be missing?

Love that you get these personalized

Mike Scott

Quote from: barkleythedoggo on July 16, 2022, 02:56:28 PM
Any sense of any others I might be missing?

Clint Eastwood. (Revenge of the Creature, Tarantula)

Ginger Stanley (Julia Adams stunt double.)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

barkleythedoggo

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 16, 2022, 04:13:29 PM
Clint Eastwood. (Revenge of the Creature, Tarantula)

Ginger Stanley (Julia Adams stunt double.)
Hah I have Stanley. Blanked on her name and remembered it later

And Eastwood - yes pls!!!! Any ideas hahah

Mike Scott

Are either of the child actors from Frankenstein and Ghost of Frank still living?
CREATURE FAN

michblk

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 17, 2022, 12:55:44 AM
Are either of the child actors from Frankenstein and Ghost of Frank still living?

Janet Gallow passed away in 2020 but Donnie Dunagan from Son of is still with us.

Brian K
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

Mike Scott

Quote from: michblk on July 17, 2022, 06:07:01 PM
Janet Gallow passed away in 2020 but Donnie Dunagan from Son of is still with us.

Looks like "Little Maria" has been gone for some time, too.
CREATURE FAN

barkleythedoggo

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 17, 2022, 07:19:58 PM
Looks like "Little Maria" has been gone for some time, too.
Pretty annoyed I missed out on gallows. This turned into a pandemic hobby
I wonder if Any extras or background ppl are still around....(like William smith just did too.... Ugh)

Mike Scott

Quote from: barkleythedoggo on July 17, 2022, 09:03:27 PM
I wonder if Any extras or background ppl are still around.

When even the little kids from the '30s are in their '80s and '90s, there's not much hope left.  ;)
CREATURE FAN

barkleythedoggo

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 17, 2022, 09:17:20 PM
When even the little kids from the '30s are in their '80s and '90s, there's not much hope left.  ;)

Hah agreed. I'm trying to figure out if Joan wells aka the little girl from she wolf of London is still alive. She'd be about 85 if so....

Mike Scott

Quote from: barkleythedoggo on July 18, 2022, 12:32:30 AM
I'm trying to figure out if Joan wells aka the little girl from she wolf of London is still alive.

IMDb has her as still living.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Mara Corday of Tarantula, 1955 is still alive - She is 90.
ADAM

Mike Scott

She looks great, for 90!
CREATURE FAN