Go mobile with Tapatalk for UMA!

Started by fmofmpls, September 11, 2010, 03:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmofmpls

The UMA is now part of the Tapatalk network. Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be released on Blackberry and Nokia devices. Members can activate this service for free. The Tapatalk app for iPhone is available at the Apple App store for free (basic version). There is also a upgraded version for $2.99 that enables full image viewing. It is also available for Android enabled devices. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

This is a great way to take the UMA with you wherever you go! I use it on my iPhone.

Read only version for iPhone (free) - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-ro-forum-app/id335769233?mt=8

View full images version $2.99 - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-forum-app/id307880732?mt=8#

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

drzeus

Hey Terry. You guys are doing a great job keeping the forum with the times. I've been accessing UMA via droid X for a month or so thru the browser. It IS a little awkward. Comments posted in the market state that Tapatalk is not so great on the X. Do you have any info on this issue? Also, FYI, i did receive a popup informing me that the forum is now compatible w/Tapatalk. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."- Hamlet

fmofmpls

Not sure how Tapatalk performs on Android? Bobby might know more about this as he's using an Android device. I'm using an iPhone and so far things seem to be performing nicely.

I didn't know about the pop-up alert. Hmmmmm. Hope that isn't a long term annoyance. I'll have to keep my eye on that.

Let me know how this works for you. And thanks for chiming in!

Toy Ranch

I have a DroidX and it works fine, but you have to log in through Tapatalk before you can read threads.  Some other forums that use Tapatalk, you can read without logging in.  It's a little slow, compared to using the browser, but it's much easier to read because it formats the posts to the phone screen instead of having to constantly scroll and zoom in and out. 

You can download Tapatalk RO (the read only version) for free from the marketplace, and try it out first to see if you like it before going for the paid version.  To get to the login, go to More and Profile and then it gives you the login screen.

drzeus

Thank you gentlemen. Just downloaded, fired her up and here I am! I think me likes!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."- Hamlet

fmofmpls

For those of you using Tapatalk, we've eliminated the annoying HTML coding that was part of the forum boards descriptions. You should now clearly see the various board descriptions without the obtrusive HTML coding when using this mobile platform.

drzeus

I was hoping that could be fixed. Additionally, there seem to be certain postings that when clicked on, go nowhere on the droid x. 2 that are examples; karloff at the dollar.store and nosferatu in the window (or something similar in recent posts). Thought you might appreciate input. Thanx.for the hard work.

fmofmpls

Thanks Drzaeus for your input. I will look into that. Are you using the read only version or the paid version?

drzeus

Paid FM. They would never (waited 2-3 minutes) load on the droid yet, if i walk to my desktop, I can access the links with no problems....
Perhaps it has something to do with certain images in the post??
Anything I can do to help- just let me know.
UMA mobile is just too cool!

fmofmpls

Dr. Zeus. Has the HTML coding disappeared for you on Droid?

drzeus

Oh. I guess not FM.
Font color related code still remains under forum headings ie;
<font color=*>Announcements></font>

fmofmpls

Confirmed - you'll need to log out of Tapatalk and then back in to see the changes on Droid. This should take care of that coding problem. This step wasn't necessary on iOS devices because log in preferences are different. On Droid you are able to remain logged in; on iOS you are prompted each time you visit to log in.

drzeus

Verified. Tapatalk working quite well on droid x. Thanx fmofmpls!

fmofmpls

Screen shot of my iPhone homepage. Always have UMA close by wherever I go.  ;)

fmofmpls

I updated the Tapatalk plugins for the UMA. This should result in much improved Tapatalk performance. There was a broken plugin that needed some duct tape.