Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scatter

Quote from: RedKing on November 14, 2010, 05:32:37 PM
LOL-I have never seen a house collect dust as bad as ours! I don't know if it is because we live on a dirt road or because the house is old or what, but I can dust and sweep today and by tomorrow I will have dust bunnies formed already!

Don't feel bad......that's the bane of EVERY collector.We ALL know what that's all about. Damnable dust!!

Great collection, and a great wife to let you display it in all it's gory glory!!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

monsterphile

Quote from: RedKing on November 14, 2010, 05:32:37 PM
LOL-I have never seen a house collect dust as bad as ours! I don't know if it is because we live on a dirt road or because the house is old or what, but I can dust and sweep today and by tomorrow I will have dust bunnies formed already!

Keep in mind, a large portion of dust is shed dead skin cells.  Are you sure you're not mutating into some new lifeform?

Rob

Jim Bertges

Quote from: charp13 on November 14, 2010, 03:42:24 PM
Finally.......I am so happy to see these monster rooms!  I look forward to seeing everyone's collections more than you could ever imagine  :)   I don't even know where to start looking but I love the internet because I cannot wear out the pages!  Jim- I also would like to hang out in your room for a couple of days.  Everything is so easy to see and enjoy in there! How long have you been collecting?
Officially I've been "accumulating" stuff since 1963. Of course the accumulation ebbs and flows with the years and various financial situations, but I still have the one original piece that started me off, an Aurora Frankenstein kit purchased at Disneyland. And I purchased a replacement for my battered and lost first issue of Famous Monsters which also helped to lead me down the Monster trail.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Jim Bertges on November 13, 2010, 10:35:46 PM
I've been meaning to do this for a while now and today I actually took some pictures for posting.

Facing west, the most boring wall of the room because of the closet, but inside the closet are many treasures.

Next we turn to the South where business and TV viewing are conducted.

And then to the East where the old workbench is located.

Finally the North where the bulk of my junk is located along with my shrine to Chris White.

And now for a closer look at a couple of areas.

There is a bit of other stuff scattered around the house, but I'll save that for another time.

Jim, your collection is fantastic!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Bogey

When you get a chance, can you post a close-up of those plane models, Jim?

Jim Bertges

Digital photography is a wonderful, almost instantaneous thing. Here are the planes as requested.

These are two Dogfight Dioramas built by my friend Rick Overton. They are his answer to the Luft '46 game in which the Germans have advanced jet fighters and battle the Allies. Rick's idea is that the Allies should have the advanced weaponry and shoot down the bad guys. I like his idea better. He built a lot of these and has them hanging in Hobby Shops all around Los Angeles.
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Opera Ghost

Great Room Jim and love Rick Overton! Where's he been lately?
"In each of us, two natures are at war--the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between them, and one of them must conquer..."

erin1789

Wow you guys must have been collecting for YEARS. Even though I'm a new generation of Monster fanatics, I love the old Aurora sculpts and vintage toys. I have mostly Sideshow related Universal Monsters, but with the re-releasing of the model kits I want to change all that. I'll post pics of my considerably smaller collection tomorrow. :laugh:

RedKing

Quote from: monsterphile on November 14, 2010, 07:13:38 PM
Keep in mind, a large portion of dust is shed dead skin cells.  Are you sure you're not mutating into some new lifeform?

Rob
Hmmm. that would explain the scales, claws and tail I recently grew! >:D

Quote from: Scatter on November 14, 2010, 06:29:11 PM
Don't feel bad......that's the bane of EVERY collector.We ALL know what that's all about. Damnable dust!!

Great collection, and a great wife to let you display it in all it's gory glory!!
Thanks Scatter! My wife is definitely awesome! I should post a pic of the whole wall in the living room so you can see the disconcerting mixture of my monsters and my wife's porceline dolls!

Erin, we all love to see any collection, no matter how big or small. Can't wait to see yours!
Crazy am I? We'll see if I'm crazy or not!

monsterphile

Quote from: erin1789 on November 16, 2010, 01:25:13 AMI'll post pics of my considerably smaller collection tomorrow. :laugh:

Erin,

They were all small collections once.  From little acorns grow mighty oaks...or if you're lucky, triffids!

Rob

klempo

klempo

klempo

Scatter

Klempo...........I think I love you.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

klempo

Come on Scatter I am blushing.  ;D ;D