Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minion

Hello!
My monster room pales in comparison to the ones already posted, but here ya go!

fmofmpls

Quote from: raycastile on December 04, 2007, 09:48:59 AM
I spent many years building this intricate Monster Room, arranging the boxes just so.  Sometimes I will nudge a box a little to the left or right.  Other times I will stand on a box.  On rare occasions, I will even go inside a box and close the lid.  Sometimes I forget which box I put myself in.  Oh, I tell you, that can truly be a pickle!

Raymond .. I love you. I've never laughed so hard! What a hilarious post! And knowing you personally makes it even all the more funny! It's so very refreshing when one can have a sense of humor over their obsessions! I LOVE it! Bravo!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

Quote from: Minion on December 04, 2007, 01:08:09 PM

Are you kidding me Minion? Pales in comparison? That's a most impressive display you have there which defies comparisons! I like the way you have it displayed too. You've created a perfect atmosphere for a monster room! Nicely done my friend! Thanks for sharing!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

gracebuster

Now, Minion don't be all like that!

It's a Monsteriffic place as I've ever seen.

To see it all together is Spooktacular.
Thanks for sharing.

poseablemonster

Quote from: Minion on December 04, 2007, 01:08:09 PM
Hello!

You gotta be kiddin!  There are some masks in your collection I only DREAM of having!  That cool creature mask, the VXX Mummy, your green Glenn Strange Frank...and that Don Post mask ad kit...you have a mind-blowingly amazing collection!  Now sell me some masks!!! LOL!

Minion

Ok, ok, I'll admit it...  my monster room is cool.  ;D
There's another section of it too, but it's completely messed up at the moment.

Posablemonster - where did you get that little stand that The Book of the Dead is sitting on? I have that book/DVD signed by the entire cast, even the FX guy and Ted Rami who played someones feet in one scene  :D . Took me a couple years to get 'em all. I just need to figure out a way to get Sam Rami to sign it now. LOL

Roback

Quote from: poseablemonster on December 03, 2007, 03:27:16 PM
Thanks for the nice comments on my gallery room.  It has been a goal of mine for many years, and it's coming together. 
I think texture and color are more important than we may realize in our attraction to certain things; even monster toys.  I try my best to accentuate these elements in displaying them.  I think that's part of why I really enjoy looking at other collector's displays.  You can sometimes see the same things, but in a totally different context that makes you appreciate them even more.   
Bobby's display takes this natural, deep wood tone approach that really brings out the textural and color elements of his stuff. 
HHW's room is similar, and the incorporation of the comfy couch and TV make it a really inviting place.  Like a "den" quality, it just looks like a place that you could tune out the world and get lost in all that monstery goodness. 
Then, Dan's Dr. Shocker museum...it's really looks amazing because it has that "larger-than-life, I gotta get a ticket to this place" feel.  I'm compelled to make a pilgrimage - much like the Ackermansion.
Keep them pictures comin'!  I wanna see some Bob Morris display... ;D

Andy, what a beautiful assortment of monster toys. I absolutely love the way that you have everything displayed, especially that carded Lincoln Mummy. ;) One question though. Is that boxed Lincoln Wolfman original?
Robert Acquarulo

ramsey37

Quote from: Roback on December 04, 2007, 04:38:04 PM

One question though. Is that boxed Lincoln Wolfman original?
There's also a boxed Hunchback in that display. I'm thinking the boxed Lincolns were a European release, although I could easily be wrong.
Where apathy is master, all men are slaves.

Roback

Quote from: ramsey37 on December 04, 2007, 05:23:19 PM
There's also a boxed Hunchback in that display. I'm thinking the boxed Lincolns were a European release, although I could easily be wrong.

No, no, I think you're right. Ray has got them down as European releases too on his Gallery of Monster Toys website. Such sweet artwork. At this point, I'd even settle for a reproduction boxed set as something tells me that an original set isn't in the cards.  :'(
Robert Acquarulo

poseablemonster

Quote from: Minion on December 04, 2007, 03:46:08 PM
Posablemonster - where did you get that little stand that The Book of the Dead is sitting on? I have that book/DVD signed by the entire cast, even the FX guy and Ted Rami who played someones feet in one scene  :D . Took me a couple years to get 'em all. I just need to figure out a way to get Sam Rami to sign it now. LOL

That is an antique hardwood bookstand that came from an old Catholic Cathedral Church in my home town.  I purchased it at an estate sale.  It's perfect for the book.  PM me if you are interested in trading me a mask for it! ;)

poseablemonster

The best info found on the boxed Lincolns are that they originated in Europe.  My Wolfman box is an amazing fake!  It's really hard to tell unless you inspect it carefully.  The Hunchback is original.

raycastile

It was either Shadowlands or Let's Talk Toys that offered a complete set of boxed Lincolns in the early 90s. (For the astronomical price of $1,500!  Or was it $900?  Oh well, back then $900 might as well have been $90,000 to me.)  I talked to the seller on the phone and he said they came from a case in Europe.

Raymond Castile

raycastile

Minion, that is a great room.  I especially love your Alien corner.  You could have stopped there and it would be impressive enough.  Looking at your Don Post masks, are those Halloween III masks original?  I like the row of DP skulls.
Raymond Castile

ProfGriffin

There is an amazing amount of covet-able THINGS on display...
MY Monster room is too small to swing a Pendulum, but hopefully bigger digs means a bigger Monster Room...at least that's what my wife tells me!

These pictures are OLD, and I am currently in the midst of a massive re-organization.  Inspired by some of the collections I've seen in the group, I am MIXING my monsters.  Yes, the shelves will contain groups of Monsters in sets...all the Mego monsters together, all my Auroras together, etc...
Formally they were all segregated as you'll see.

I have a LOT more items and even added a couple of more shelves but the wall paint job is the same, and the Moon and the stars STILL glow in the dark...

I'll take all new pics soon...but for now, here is what was...

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Minion

Awesome set-up!

QuoteLooking at your Don Post masks, are those Halloween III masks original?

The Halloween III masks are screen used props from the film. Of course, there's tons of masks in that film so to actually identify them on-screen is impossible. LOL