Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 05:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

Count, Your masks are amazing!  What is that green Glenn Strange Frankenstein mask?  I love it!

svenstow

Hi Greggory--NICE layout!

Couple of quick questions though--are your movie posters and lobbies all original (just curious), and even more specifically, been looking at securing different pieces for "The Creeping Flesh", and in the 2nd photo from your post of your digs, next to the door on the left hand side appears to be some small image (in red) from said film.

Can you please tell me what that is exactly? Is it from a pressbook or something maybe?

Your living situation is truly something to behold-well done!!

GREGGORY67

Quote from: svenstow on February 18, 2008, 03:09:00 AM
Hi Greggory--NICE layout!

Couple of quick questions though--are your movie posters and lobbies all original (just curious), and even more specifically, been looking at securing different pieces for "The Creeping Flesh", and in the 2nd photo from your post of your digs, next to the door on the left hand side appears to be some small image (in red) from said film.

Can you please tell me what that is exactly? Is it from a pressbook or something maybe?

Your living situation is truly something to behold-well done!!

Only 7 pieces are repro's the rest are the real thing. The Creeping Flesh piece is something I colored in photoshop from the ad mat and printed out. I figured it would keep me happy until I finally got the poster, but alas it's always out of my reach.

ProfGriffin

WOW!

Those are some amazing collections! 
Count...that is wonderful.  Some real gems there....(I'm very envious of the 'Strange' Frankenstei masks....and of course...Kharis!)

That Frankenstein 'clown' mask...any stories behind that?  Is that rare?

I ask, because there's a costume shop in Austin that has had that mask on sale for YEARS!  I see it everytime I go in, and I just can't bring myself to buy it because it looks so...well...goofy.
But I HAVE considered buying it and giving it a proper paintjob.

It's an odd piece to be sure.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

ProfGriffin

Gregory...

Amazing stuff...thanks for the post! There's just so much to see...my eyes can hardly take it all in.

That Phibes display...(the one with the dancing girl) is from the films's original release?
It's an astonishing display. 

Mostly because it's a piece based on a old STAG film watched by one of the victim characters (Dr. Longstreet) before he is murdered by Phibes...(drained of blood).

It's an odd choice to make a display to promote the film from that image.
Still, a half naked dancer with a snake is bound to get attention...so..yeah, I guess I can see it.

Thanks

-Griffin
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

Eye of Kharis

Fantastic pics all, everyone thank you so much for taking the time to allow a peek into your private sanctuaries - with only one good eye, I can't even begin to take it all in!!!

Quote from: fmofmpls on December 07, 2007, 05:21:46 PM
Finally .. I was able to shoot some pics of my monster room.

General, you have a most amazing collection (as do others here!!) - and thank you for posting them - but a shot of your full Mummy display case is nowhere to be found, just a portion of it off to the side in one pic, :'( obviously to torture, tantalize and tease those who prefer Kharis over Im Ho Tep...

Sacrilege! Sacrilege!!

Any chance of a photo redemption?!?
"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

poseablemonster

Prof,
That Franken-Clown is a vinyl mask made by a company called Cesar in the late 80's.  So bad, it's good. ;D

Dr.Terror

Awesome stuff Count, Love your masks, can I come over and play?  Lugosi repainted looks great, and I dig the puppets ;)
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

The Count

Thanks for the comments guys.

Andy the green Glenn Strange is a Savage Eye Frankenstein mask that I did a little makeover on...I've always dug the cover art with the green Glenn so I tried to emulate that as best I could.

Thanks Dr. T for the kudos on the repainted Lugosi - picked that one up from our very own Toyranch and repainted it to complete my full-on Lugosi ensemble for this past Halloween season.....
I have waaays of securing your co-operation....

Morkai

A couple of pics more of the new arrivals...

Grandpa & Herman Munster Masks (Mask Illusions, Made in Mexico), and Creature from the Black Lagoon Mask (Rubies Costume, Made in Mexico)...

And 2 Hand Puppets that all the people have :)

fmofmpls

Quote from: Eye of Kharis on February 19, 2008, 08:35:50 PM
General, you have a most amazing collection (as do others here!!) - and thank you for posting them - but a shot of your full Mummy display case is nowhere to be found, just a portion of it off to the side in one pic, :'( obviously to torture, tantalize and tease those who prefer Kharis over Im Ho Tep...

Sacrilege! Sacrilege!!

Any chance of a photo redemption?!?

At ease soldier. I will post your requested photos sometime later today. BUT REMEMBER! You will not remember what I show you, and yet I shall awaken memories of love... and crime... and death...
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: fmofmpls on February 20, 2008, 01:34:33 PM
At ease soldier. I will post your requested photos sometime later today. BUT REMEMBER! You will not remember what I show you, and yet I shall awaken memories of love... and crime... and death...

Thanx!!

HA! But you forget I only have one good eye - and as such, can only be half-hypnotized by your mystic mumbo-jumbo at best...

"There's a curse upon it - it means death to whoever breaks that seal..."- heard whenever my kids want to open my shrinkwrapped vintage Auroras

gracebuster

AMAZING. AMAZING collections. Greggory..jaw dropping homage to Price.
Love seeing all of that loot together.

THE COUNT, welocme and thnaks for the wonderul selection of pics.
These collections are fang-tastic!

Eye of Kharis

Quote from: fmofmpls on February 20, 2008, 01:34:33 PM

WOW! General, your mystic mumbo jumbo was indeed some powerful mojo, as I can honestly say I do not remember you showing me any more pics of your Mummy treasure case... that was one heckuva great spell! :D

fmofmpls

Rest easy Kharis. I'm going to get my camera right now. I know .. I told you I'd post my Mummy toy pics by now. I hadn't forgotten. It's just that I move like Kharis; a slow lumbering compendium of bandages and decay.  ;D
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.