Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

On the subject of the Mego monsters...Bobby is correct.  I have had many loose and solid boxed ones over the years, and I have sold them.  I had a Kresge Mummy and sold it.  They just don't interest me as much as the AHI or Lincoln monsters.  When I was a kid, I remember getting a couple mego monsters, and really didn't like any of them except the mummy - and he's still my favorite of the bunch.  But I LOVED the AHI monsters - they were just more like the real monsters and to me had more play value.  It's probably why I just don't go out of my way to collect them today.

fmofmpls

Quote from: poseablemonster on December 08, 2007, 11:12:21 PM
They just don't interest me as much as the AHI or Lincoln monsters. 

Don't let Griffin here you talk like that Andy! The Mego Mad Monsters are his boys. You better watch out. I warned you.  :o

I'm sure there's a Mego Mad Monster essay being composed right now as we speak!  :)
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

poseablemonster

Hey, man...Bobby said it first!!! ;D

hhwolfman

Quote from: Toy Ranch on December 08, 2007, 08:06:36 PM
Hey Zombophoto...

What is this cardboard box?

Looks like the case the Monster Drinking glasses come in.  :o

Toy Ranch

Quote from: hhwolfman on December 08, 2007, 11:25:28 PM
Looks like the case the Monster Drinking glasses come in.  :o

I'm thinking it might be a Zoo Piks case... 

Toy Ranch

Quote from: NekroDave on December 08, 2007, 10:38:22 PM
Thanks for the advice!  I hate to say it, but traditionally I've been VERY competitive in my collecting, lol. However with the monster stuff, there is just so  much out there that I could get to make a collection look nice, even if I don't necessarily have anything rare or valuable, that I think I'll be satisfied. It's how it looks that's gonna be more important to me than anything else.

The thing I love about collections is that we all have different focuses and interest.  Of all the collections posted in this thread, we all have things that each other would love to have, and each one is unique in it's own way.  There are some relatively small collections that didn't have a ton of money put into them that are very unique and special.  Focus on what you love and can afford, and you can't go wrong.  Years ago, I loved a lot of things but I didn't have the money for anything I really wanted, so I started collecting ceramic figures from Japan that have rabbit fur glued to them as decoration.  Yes, it's an absurd thing to collect, but actually there are a lot of them and I had more fun looking for those things and collecting them...  I'm not saying you should take up ceramic animal collecting, what I'm saying is your collection will only be as good as the fun you have putting it together, so make sure it's fun and not stress.  There will always be someone with a bigger, better collection...  well, maybe unless you are Bob Burns.

hhwolfman

Quote from: Toy Ranch on December 08, 2007, 11:57:48 PM

The thing I love about collections is that we all have different focuses and interest.  Of all the collections posted in this thread, we all have things that each other would love to have, and each one is unique in it's own way.  There are some relatively small collections that didn't have a ton of money put into them that are very unique and special.  Focus on what you love and can afford, and you can't go wrong.   

I agree I love everyones collection on here. They show Ideas and they all show love. HHW

Batty Belfry

Are these pics of "Meek's" collection?  I thought it was the "Professor's"
I, too, like the purple painted walls.

Quote from: Toy Ranch on December 08, 2007, 03:15:49 PM
Great monster room, Meek!  ;D

I love your painted walls and UMA purple! 

Dusting is fun time.  That's when I play with my toys!  If they just sit there and you don't dust them, you don't get to take them out and play with them.  I especially love getting around to the batt op toys because I get to put batteries in them and fire them up!
"Flapping my wings, looking at things"

fmofmpls

Those purple walls belong to Professor Griffin; not Meek. Thanks for clarifying this.
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

The Phantom Creep

HH, that box is an original cardboard shipping box for the Zoo-Piks Monster I-Scream Spoons from 1965. It's amazing!! It's definitely one of the highlights of my collection I think. I bought it years ago off e-bay. It's the thing that I'm sure "normal" people would think I'm crazy for spending so much money on. An empty cardboard box. But I love it. I need to put up better photos, because it's really cool.

I missed out on that drinking glass shipping case years ago. Man I really want that. It was for the Wolfman and the packaging art was incredible!
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

Meek

Ye giddy Gods and little fishes! My horror collectibles could almost fit in a walnut shell with pleanty of space to spare compared to the likes of what's been shown here. I have assorted Sideshow figures and a healthy amount of books on horror films.
    AS for my walls, they are bone white with a dusting of cobwebs when not obscured by bookcases and prints of old horror film posters.

"Meek"(little fish)

Those purple walls belong to Professor Griffin; not Meek. Thanks for clarifying this.
[/quote]
"I am like a Unicorn in a racing stable. Beast doesn't fit."   T.E.Lawrence

raycastile

Eek!  It's Meek!

Just so you know, I've decided to say that every time you post from now on.  It will always be followed by:

Eek!  It's Meek!

This administrative decision is final.
Raymond Castile

Toy Ranch

Quote from: ZOMBOPHOTO on December 09, 2007, 01:31:43 PM
HH, that box is an original cardboard shipping box for the Zoo-Piks Monster I-Scream Spoons from 1965.

I think I owned that box at one point...  and all the spoons that were left in it, too.  I pulled it out of the basement of a restaurant in Seattle.

The Drunken Severed Head

Quote from: raycastile on December 09, 2007, 05:55:09 PM
Eek!  It's Meek!

Just so you know, I've decided to say that every time you post from now on. 

Hey, it's Ray!

ProfGriffin

Greetings

Ye gods...I go away for a weekend and my room has been given to someone else! But promptly returned.
Yes, the hand painted walls are mine...and more importantly, it glows in the dark!

Much rennovation going on currently, with new and greater photos to be added.

Eek!  It's Meek!
Yes, that is a bust of Athena that Leonard (my wife named him) is perched on. 
It's NOT an actual bust, but a prop head that I made for a Poe-Themed Halloween party many years ago.

Light enough to rest on my OLD monitor.  My new monitor is too thin for nonsense like that.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian