Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfGriffin

http://universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=183.0

I started a Wax Museum,  Dark Ride, and Haunted Attraction thread!
I put it in General Discussion...(Not sure where else to put it!)

Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

ProfGriffin

General...

My favorite pic is the last one...apparently the mail room/receivables room.  LOL.
New items placed here will be tagged and categorized and then moved into the display hall.

LOL.
Rest in Peace,

Prof. Griffin
Horror Historian

fmofmpls

Quote from: ProfGriffin on December 07, 2007, 12:25:31 PM
My favorite pic is the last one...apparently the mail room/receivables room.  LOL.
New items placed here will be tagged and categorized and then moved into the display hall. LOL.

You got it Griffin! LOL! That's the black hole alright. Believe it or not, that's actually a bedroom floor. There's dirty underwear lying somewhere underneath that mess.  :)
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

hhwolfman

Quote from: fmofmpls on December 07, 2007, 12:33:11 PM
You got it Griffin! LOL! That's the black hole alright. Believe it or not, that's actually a bedroom floor. There's dirty underwear lying somewhere underneath that mess.  :)

Holy chit Get the smelling salts I just fainted. Your collection always amazes me. The ole Fainted Furry. HHW

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

fmofmpls

Quote from: hhwolfman on December 07, 2007, 08:57:58 PM
Holy chit Get the smelling salts I just fainted. Your collection always amazes me. The ole Fainted Furry. HHW

Thanks HH! Then were even by the way. I'm still trying to pick myself up off the floor from seeing those paint by number kits of yours!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

hhwolfman

You mean these.  BTW I just added pictures to Page one of this thread.

;D

Dr.Terror

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

raycastile

This last pic looks like my collection.  Now THAT image I can relate to.

Raymond Castile

The Phantom Creep

Hey thanks for pointing that out Dr. Terror, I had never made that connection before!!

Terry, incredible collection of course.

HH, those paint by number sets are just too beautiful. -sigh-
"Ladies and gentlemen, please do not panic. But  SCREAM!! Scream for your lives!!"

kolchak4ever

Speechless.  Did you all have your houses built around your collections? They are simply amazing!

Dale - who has a dungen for a basement. Compleat with 100's of spiders, mice and a river that run through it when the snow melts or it rains hard. lol
A day without sunshine is like,
"Night". Steve Martin

Toy Ranch

Roback

Incredible collection pics guys, really. What's surprising is that I haven't seen a boxed Mego Mad Monster Castle in any of these collection pics. Do you guys own one and its simply not on display?
Robert Acquarulo

hhwolfman

Quote from: Roback on December 08, 2007, 10:41:59 AM
Incredible collection pics guys, really. What's surprising is that I haven't seen a boxed Mego Mad Monster Castle in any of these collection pics. Do you guys own one and its simply not on display?

I keep passing on the only one I ever see for $1300 One day I will have one. ;)

Toy Ranch

Quote from: Roback on December 08, 2007, 10:41:59 AM

I think for most of us, the licensed figures, or at least the ones that more closely resemble the movie monsters, hold greater sway than the Mego monsters.  The value of the castle is higher for most Mego collectors than it is for most monster collectors, so when they come up, monster collectors are usually the underbidders.  The AHI's, Lincolns, and Remcos are of more interest than the Megos.  I'm happy with my set of Mego monsters, but the variants and such don't interest me, yet they do with AHI's and such.  Andy has all kinds of Mego and Lincoln figs, but I'm not even sure he owns a set of loose Megos (Andy?).  Raymond likes them a lot, but how much does a boxed castle go for?  A grand?  More?  There are other things i want more for that money.  Oh, if I saw a BIN on eBay for one at $150, it would be mine ;D