NECA HAS OBTAINED UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!!!!

Started by Anton Phibes, January 29, 2021, 06:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

Darn. I just posted this news and did not see, Anton's post.

Neca and Universal Monsters, awesome!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Dark Knight 1985

Yeah for the Sideshow collection and some of the Diamond Select figures I too went for the Colored UM variants , even the Mezco One:12 Frankenstein but to be different now I think I'm getting the Obvious Silver Screen Karloff Frankenstein and the rest of the Neca Universal
Monsters in B & W. I think if and when they do a Lugosi Dracula he will probably released later down the road as it seems the Lugosi Dracula under Universal Studios is always one of the later items  to
Come out like from  Sideshow and the harder license to obtain but maybe this time a Lugosi will be out much sooner.

Subatomic_Matt

I'm super excited for this, really and truly!

... but I'm also worried that Super7 lost the license before they could get the remainder of Reaction series 3 out and these'll never be released.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on January 31, 2021, 04:20:49 PM

... but I'm also worried that Super7 lost the license before they could get the remainder of Reaction series 3 out and these'll never be released.

Oh....poop. This hadn't occurred to me. I hope they at least get Werewolf of London out to us.

fearliath

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on January 31, 2021, 04:20:49 PM

I'm very concerned about this. I asked someone who would know and all I got back was crickets. So, I'm not feeling to optimistic. Sooooo close. I'm glad we got what we got but man those 5 others would have been legendary.

geezer butler

Quote from: fearliath on January 29, 2021, 10:50:24 PM
I have never purchased anything NECA and I know nothing about them so I have a few questions if anyone is willing to answer. I have heard a lot of people complain about trying to actually obtain some of the NECA figures and it's confused me somewhat. I know they sell some figures in stores but not all of them? Are some extremely limited and some not?

Basically, when these go on sale is there a chance someone might not be able to get one because they didn't utilize a bot to order at the speed of light?  I'd hate to get A Frank and Wolfman and then not be able to get a Creature or whatever. If it's a hassle to buy them I just won't bother. How are such figures usually sold?

I think the NECA figures are great. I have probably a dozen or so: Godzilla (two versions), Predator, Freddy, Jason (2, 4, and 6), Michael, Leatherface, Chucky, Halloween 3, and Pinhead. I would say 8 I bought at local comic book shops and four I was lucky enough to find at Target.

Mike...In 3-D!

I don't typically collect figures of this size, but it looks like that may be changing!
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

marsattacks666

NECA has some fine products.  I don't have any issue with NECA figures,  like some collectors' of NECA do.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Count Zachula

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 01, 2021, 10:03:16 AM
NECA has some fine products.  I don't have any issue with NECA figures,  like some collectors' of NECA do.

Nothing's perfect. But NECA does listen to fan's issues with figures and has fixed them in the past.  They do a lot of really innovative things with their figures that you'd never see from other companies.  Great sculpts, poseability, accessories, attention to detail and packaging. 10/10.

Dr.Terror

Annnd....we'll get the obligatory first wave of a Karloff Frank Karloff Mummy. Wolf etc....

A second or third wave......then by the fourth when Its time to do Ygor or Ghost of Frank..or Kharis...the line will be dead.

No thanks.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Dr.Terror on February 01, 2021, 07:16:10 PM

Annnd....we'll get the obligatory first wave of a Karloff Frank Karloff Mummy. Wolf etc....

A second or third wave......then by the fourth when Its time to do Ygor or Ghost of Frank..or Kharis...the line will be dead.

No thanks.

You just described every toy line for Universal Monsters in recent memory. Except for the ones that fail altogether like Jakks or Mezco 1;12 UM. Even Sideshow only went 15 characters deep and ended with Lugosi entries and Masqued Phantom. ;D

AndyFish

Isn't Neca the same company who stopped Planet of the Apes after two figures?   The company that jumped the gun on the JAWS license and blew it?  I'll be the Debby Downer and say I don't give this line much hope.   Hopefully Super7 finishes what they've announced but honestly it's taken so long I don't really care all that much anymore.

I think you'l have a better chance with Mego.

marsattacks666

I think NECA produced five Planet of the Apes figures
Dr. Zaius, Caesar, General Aldo, Soldier/Gorilla Ape and SDCC Conquest Ape. Then a MEGO'esque , 8" lineTaylor, Gorilla Ape and Aldo.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: AndyFish on February 02, 2021, 03:43:43 PM
Isn't Neca the same company who stopped Planet of the Apes after two figures?   The company that jumped the gun on the JAWS license and blew it?  I'll be the Debby Downer and say I don't give this line much hope.   Hopefully Super7 finishes what they've announced but honestly it's taken so long I don't really care all that much anymore.

I think you'l have a better chance with Mego.

They did two retros/mego style and quit. Not enough people bought them. They did better with their line of articulated, all sculpt action figures. Yet no humans or mutants.  2 versions of Zaius, Cornelius, Cesare, Aldo, Ursus, and several of varying gorillas. They had Julius and Galen and others planned, but...again...not enough people bought them. So they quit. People have to actually buy the product to continue the line. There weren't enough of us. The newer film series received the main characters. Maurice, Cesare, Luca and Koba. I am hoping there are more Universal Monsters fans than POTA fans.

Anton Phibes

If NECA only goes as deep as Dracula (Lugosi likeness), Frankenstein, Wolfman, and Creature from the Black lagoon, it's a line worth supporting. Would I like Kharis, Werewolf of London, Bride, Invisible Man, etc....sure. Not getting them isn't a deal breaker for me though. NECA makes great figures. They are also doing Hammer Horror.