J Davis inspired Frankenstein kit at monstersinmotion

Started by hauzy, January 09, 2009, 12:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scary Terry

Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Monster Bob

Dan, compared to other attempts I've seen of this character, I'd have to say this one is dead on!

hauzy

got it yesterday via fed express, nicley done with a ton of detail. not a whole lot of cleanup needs to be done...only gripe is that it is cast in blue resign....gotta do a good primer job

Hauzy

ChrisW

Dead on is right! what an incredible 3-D likeness of a 2-D caricature!

Jscareshock

Beautiful, but you do need two.  One has to be in black and white and the other in color.  Sweeeet.

Monster Bob

That was the fastest sell-out of a kit I ever saw.

Getter_1

Crap.  I was going to order one after I dug myself out of the Christmas hole (just about now).

That was a Monsters in Motion exclusive, wasn't it?  So no chance of getting it somewhere else?

monstroza

Got a little time to paint mine. I went with fleshtones as
most of the paintings Jack Davis did in color of the monster
were in flesh.

Gasport

Wow...that's the first one i've seen painted. NICE WORK! I'm really not that particular about the flesh-tone, green, blue skin color controversy . It's all good as long as it is well executed and manages to capture the spirit of the character ...you certainly have accomplished that! Looks like a missing Jack Davis comic panel.

monstroza

Thanks. I reshot the model with a different color background.
It now looks much closer to the how it looks in person....D

Monster Bob

Great looking job, monstroza.

I'm getting full steam into airbrushing (which I have been doing on the side for awhile at work- signmaking), and am going to attempt to paint this kit to look like the poster- that is, a B&W watercolor wash/pen and ink drawing in 3-D, if that makes any sense.

It really is a beautiful sculpt; I am usually pretty tough on garage/resin kits, but this one is five stars in my book.

Nightmares in plastic

I just got mine from a friend in Canda and I have to second that:
It's a perfect "10" kit !!!! I also thought about using that pen & ink style rendering on the surface,
but still have no idea how to acomplish that...lots of experimentation - it a Frankenstein anyway!

Rainer E.
"Let's drink to a world of Gods and Monsters!"
Dr. Pretorius