MonsterKid Photo Archive-The Magical History Tour!

Started by Scatter, January 09, 2011, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbud

Mono! A 2 Garloo Christmas! Too good to be for real, but there it is!  Hey, your sister did alright too! That is the 25 inch Deluxe Reading Beauty Parlor doll that had washable rooted Saran hair that you could wash, set, comb and style. The Deluxe Reading De Luxe Beauty Parlor came with swiveling beauty chair (in lower left of photo), hair dryer on chair high swivel stand, manicure set, hand mirror, brush and combo set, little hair curlers, cotton puffs, pretend lipstick, perfumes and powder. Deluxe Reading introduced the Deluxe Reading Beauty Parlor in 1961, selling them in grocery stores, usually displayed enticingly over the freezer cases as I recall. Suggested retail was $12.88. Oh, and the lipstick came in either Rosebud or Dreamy Pink. The box for the Deluxe Reading Beauty Parlor measured a whopping 34" x 15" 10"....................................................not that I know anything about girl toy collectibles......afterall..... I'm a guy!    Love, Buddy

Monolith

More great photo's! We had a metal swing set too, buy it was smaller.

Bigbud--- I was wondering what that chair looking thing was in the corner of the photo. Thanks for all the doll info, I'll have to ask my sister about those.
Looks like she's wearing some kind of drum majorette outfit, too. And my brother Kevin has some Civil War cap and sword!

CreepyJeff

Here's me Christmas day, 1974.  My first monster related gift - the Frankenstein puzzle.  Couple of my brothers playing Paddle Pool. 
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

CreepysFan

Creepy Jeff, great Frankenstein puzzle. Wish I had one now. Don't remember the game Paddle Pool though.
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

charp13

CreepysFan- Your pictures have been so well taken care of, kudos to your family for treating these photos like treasures  :)  The pictures of your Dad are stunning! The depth of the background and the shine of that firetruck- It looks like it was taken yesterday. I'm really impressed with your collection of family archives. I really need to start scanning my fading polaroids before they are gone. We mostly used the b&w camera with the weird spongy stick that you wiped on the photo to "preserve it", I guess, and our family failed miserably on that final step :)   All the pictures I've rescues from cardboard boxes found in wet moldy crawlspaces, seem to be unpreserved. But I'm happy with the photos I have and I can fill in my missing memories by looking at everyone elses pictures. I have seen so many toys and furnishngs in the background that have kick started many memories of my own good times.  Yay!! 
CrepyJeff-I'm glad you got that monster puzzle, because it looks like those two are gonna hog that paddle pool game and keep telling you that you can play "later"! I know the routine because my sister and I used to pull that trick on our little brother!  And you guys have such a cool living room- what I wouldn't give for that beautiful furniture!!

Most Horrible

Quote from: Unknown Primate on January 27, 2011, 11:37:43 PM
GREAT pics, everyone!  It's so cool to see these vintage photos - I feel like you all were part of my old neighborhood!

Oh but we are UP. It is a very big neighborhood!  ;)

Illoman- thanks for your photos. I am happy to know your dad is aok.  CreepysFan -I love the Pufnstuf pic! Actually I have enjoyed EVERYONE'S photos! Great stories, great memories! They have made my day. I too will post some photos but that time will have to wait until I next visit my folks. That's where the family photo albums are. Oh how I love this thread! Keep 'em coming folks!
"Do you like gin? It is my only weakness..."- Dr. Pretorius

Illoman

Man, CreepyJeff I never saw that puzzle before!!  Do you still have it?

Moonshadow

Creepy Jeff, you sure seemed to be an excited spectator to that game!

Gasport

GREAT PIC, JEFF! Other than the dated clothing , hair and decorative styles it looks as though it was taken yesterday...that carpeting looks like it 's made out of hot dog relish! Thanks for sharing!!

CreepysFan

Little rascal me, doing my impression of Alfalfa.  It's a crime to do that to a child's hair.

" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Gillfan

Oh my lord! That is such a cute baby picture! You are like a living Kewpie doll!

Unknown Primate

That's what I was gonna say, Gillfan - a Kewpie Doll!
" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

charp13

I gasped at the pure sweetness of that baby picture! The little coveralls, the little walking shoes and the hair- I can't take it!!!!  I just want that baby to jump out of the picture, so I can give him a hug!!  I know..........I just crossed a line    :)   But I can't help it, I've never seen a baby picture with that adorable hair-do!  I had to scroll down and look to see who it was again. CreepysFan!!!!  You win the baby photo contest of the century!  Thanks for finding that one because my daughter is almost 30 and getting married in July and if I play my cards right, in a few (or 20) years- she may have a baby and I will stage a photo exactly like yours!  I had my kids' baby pictures taken at Sears back in the 80s, when they just sat them on a rug and you bought whatever photos came out without them crying-haha.  Thanks again, monster friend!

Jim Bertges

A while back I rescued a packet of old negatives from the old family photo album (where the album is now, I have no idea). So here are a couple of scans of those negs.

Around 1954 when I was still cute.

My Dad my Brother and me in that same pool, probably on the same day.

The same year, but inside--still being cute.

Check out that great old TV, I remember watching the original Beany and Cecil on it when they were puppets.

My Brother, Mike, a couple of years later when we moved to Alaska (I can tell by the boots)
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

CreepyJeff

Quote from: Illoman on January 31, 2011, 04:33:13 PM
Man, CreepyJeff I never saw that puzzle before!!  Do you still have it?
Hi Mike - I do indeed still have that puzzle.   Two of my other brothers each got one of these puzzles as well - the Phantom of the Opera and the Creature from the Back Lagoon.  Some years later they both "lent" their puzzles to add  to my collection and I'm still borrowing them.  :)  These were made by the same company that did the can puzzles - APC I believe. 
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"