1964 Revell Ed Roth Mr Gasser slot car on ebay

Started by Gasport, November 30, 2010, 05:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

For all my fellow Big Daddy Ed Roth lovers out there, here's an increasingly hard to find 1964 Revell Mr Gasser BRM slot car that recently sold on ebay. I was lucky to purchase one of these from a John Green mail order catalog during the late 80's. I think i paid around 30 bucks at the time and sweated parting with so much $$$ for an old toy! I even was able to find another of these PLUS a Rat Fink BRM slot car in perfect condition for a good buddy of mine's B-day for around the same price from the same dealer not long after buying mine. Never saw another one until ebay came along and even there they are few and far between...One of my favorite vintage Rat Fink toys! 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=260696606053&si=LD9PS4Hgx7FygzRpBYOPxXSlK6g%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

bigbud

Gasport, Those 2 slots are so cool! Never had the cash at the right time to own one, and now......$500 or best offer!? Wow! Expensive! I got all the Rat Fink Hydro Racers that came out afew years ago, but not quite in the same league with those slots! Bud

Gasport

Thanks Bud! Frankly, i'm surprised at how little love Big Daddy received in this thread...thought there'd be more RF fans out there! YES, The Hydro Racers were very cool! I got a bunch of 'em stashed away someplace.  The first series of Funko Bobbles were a lot of fun, too. Also have boxed and unbuilt original Rat Fink and Brother Rat Fink kits out in my studio that i just LOVE to look at! 

bigbud

Gasport, An original Fink kit would be super! Only original kit I have is the Brother kit. Great box graphics of Big Daddy on that mini-bike. Met him once and he told me the toys, models etc never meant a thing to him.....it all just put bucks in his pocket so he could keep on customizing his vehicles... Bud

Gasport

Wow...how cool you got to meet him! Sad to hear the hot rod monster craze that he, alone inspired meant so little to him...oh well. As long as it made him happy, it's all good.

bigbud

Daddy was truly larger than life. He had a great run, and lived it the way he wanted. Something to envy for sure. I remember when there was a slot car craze and Kansas City had acouple of great tracks......one under a King Louie bowling alley....I took a Classic Manta Ray frame and motor and stuck a Mothers Worry kit on top of it. Had everyone wondering what the heck that was racing around the track......Bud and Big Daddy comin' through.........Bud

Hepcat

I have the Mr. Gasser in BRM slot car kit.

I also have these nine kits from Revell's original series of "Big Daddy" Roth monster kits in the sixties:

Rat Fink
Mr. Gasser
Drag Nut
Mother's Worry
Brother Rat Fink
Angel Fink
Surf Fink
Super Fink
Fink Eliminator

I also have the reissues Revell did in the mid nineties with the new box art. Here's the reissued Rat Fink in the new box:

I still need the original Scuz Fink, Boss Fink, Robbin Hood Fink and Rat Fink in Lotus Racer though.

I also have these five of the original Revell "Big Daddy" Roth custom car kits:

Tweedy Pie
Outlaw
Beatnik Bandit
Mysterion
Road Agent

But I still need a Surfite.

:(

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Quote from: bigbud on December 20, 2010, 05:03:52 AM
Met him once and he told me the toys, models etc never meant a thing to him.....it all just put bucks in his pocket so he could keep on customizing his vehicles... Bud

Cool! I never met him personally but I phoned him up once in the mid-nineties after ordering more than a dozen t-shirts from his catalogue. I was actually inquiring as to the cost of acquiring an air brushed original canvas by his hand but by this time he was charging close to a $1000. Ten years earlier before his fame/notoriety as a cult figure had exploded the cost would have been but a small fraction of the $1000.

:-\

weldonmc

I just found this thread and want to show you all 12 of the ROTH FINK models. I recently finished the series for the Pewtersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, California. The are currently on display in the Johnny Rocket Restraunt located inside the museum. All of them have been modified with additional details. I will try and post a few everyday. Hope you like them ...Weldon

ANGEL FINK

TWEEDY PIE with BOSS FINK

I love building and painting RAT FINK models

weldonmc

Here are a couple more FINK models:

Brother Rat Fink on a Bike

DragNut

Hepcat

Like them? I love them! Incredible painting detail!

8)

Gasport

I'm basking in the pure FINK goodness of these kits and your incredible talent! WE WANT MORE!!! Great to have another FINK-A-HOLIC on board here and welcome to the group!!

weldonmc

Thanks HEPCAT ...I get allot of enjoyment out of them.

Here are couple more:

FINK ELIMINATOR

...and MOTHER'S WORRY

weldonmc

Thanks GASPORT ...Happy you like them. Hold on too ...I've been colecting this stuff for 10s of years.

Here are a couple more:

MR. GASSER

...and RAT FINK

Gasport

LOVE the hair work! Puts a really unique spin on the the kits and [along with the stunning paint jobs] really brings them to life!!