Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remco Wolfman

I quite by accident came across a reference to Super 7 previewing something at Toy Fair called "Seasonal Offerings of Universal Monsters". I can't for the life of me figure out what that is referring to but I guess they'll probably say or show more tomorrow. I don't know if that means more varients of the 3.75" figures (in Christmas sweaters?!?) or something completely different.

At the same link (which I do not have now) it referenced Super 7 obtaining licences for Teen Wolf and Robocop among others. Again, I don't know in what format or if they even know. I loved Teen Wolf as a kid.

Mike Scott

Last Christmas, or next Christmas? Seems a bit late for one, and a lot early for the other.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

This might be where you read it....no pics posted as yet. Hopefully something new and not stupid variants and/or re-paints. :angel:

http://www.toyhypeusa.com/2018/02/07/super-7-nytf-2018-previews-motu-planet-of-the-apes-more/

aura of foreboding

Maybe they are new sculpts coming for Halloween, the only season our monsters get any love from retailers?  Maybe Monsterville stuff from Target? 

LordMudd

When Mattel released the Green Lantern movie line, Toyguru had to do a rapid backpedal to explain why Stel was wrong. He explained that the entire process from concept to distribution takes 8 to 12 months, so the toy makers have to get on board early. Unfortunately in this case, the design for Stel was changed after Mattel had the concept art and the green light to proceed. This matches up with a negative experience I had with Toywhiz when the released their first wave of Marvel figures, so it makes sense that they are pretty deep in the process now for a Halloween release.

CCC.

darkmonkeygod

Because it's a trade show, I imagine it's the convention season that's being referred to and the existing items at that, but I would love it if there are plans for more (and GREATLY love it if those plans are for new sculpts, not to mention new characters).
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

LordMudd

Hopefullygoodgrammar

Do you think the sculpts will shine with the paint? Are Super 7 better with their sculpts than Funko?

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: Hopefullygoodgrammar on February 17, 2018, 11:53:21 AM
Do you think the sculpts will shine with the paint? Are Super 7 better with their sculpts than Funko?

Since Super 7 took back ReAction the sculpts are much better (ironically Funko's 3.75" sculpts have also gotten better). These are great.

Remco Wolfman

In related news Super 7 is also displaying these Universal Monster Trick or Treat buckets. I guess the "seasonal" reference would maybe pertain to these. See pictures at link:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/toys/3484013/super7-unleashing-collectible-halloween-buckets-monster-lovers-toy-fair/

Edit: also note the "Soapies" visible in the bucket picture.

Palifan

the_horror_man

Wow! Those Universal Monsters look amazing and so does the Alien bucket. I will most likely be picking up the Uni Monsters

thm