Halloween Traditions

Started by Barlow, October 04, 2023, 08:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kristinms8

Love all the pics [mention]Hepcat [/mention] !  Looks like Ace & Scout make an awesome dynamic duo!  I hope Styx & Deuce are enjoying endless adventures & treats together over the rainbow bridge.

Our senior mini-panthers Bentley & Gracie passed away during the pandemic.  We took a little time to grieve and last year we adopted another brother / sister bonded pair in their memory.  Meet our tuxedo kids, Luciano (pics at left) & Valentina  (pics at right).  They bring us great joy with many laughs & lots of love.

Hepcat

Quote from: kristinms8 on November 07, 2023, 11:27:45 PMLooks like Ace & Scout make an awesome dynamic duo!  I hope Styx & Deuce are enjoying endless adventures & treats together over the rainbow bridge.

Sadly Ace too crossed the rainbow bridge in December 2016.

Quote from: kristinms8 on November 07, 2023, 11:27:45 PM...we adopted another brother / sister bonded pair in their memory.  Meet our tuxedo kids, Luciano (pics at left) & Valentina  (pics at right).

May they live long and prosper!

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

kristinms8

Quote from: Hepcat on November 08, 2023, 05:13:06 PM

Sadly Ace too crossed the rainbow bridge in December 2016.

May they live long and prosper!

:)
So sorry to hear that Ace passed away.  He looked very handsome and was obviously an excellent big brother & Halloween helper.

The painting you shared was quite touching 🌈🐈‍⬛🐾❤️~ Thank You!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigShadow

Usually on Halloween, I start the day off with a good cigar and by reading a scary story or watching a spooky movie.  Then I watch some scary movies until it's trick-r-treat time.  Scary sound records then get played while I pass out candy to those brave enough to visit the ONLY house on the street to be passing out candy.  After trick-r-treat is over I crack open a few beers and finish off the night with monster movies...young and old.

This year was the first in 16 years I wasn't able to do anything.  A retired police k-9 from my department had died a few days earlier so we had a procession and a gathering to celebrate his life.  Not ideal for the day, but it is what it is.  Luckily I celebrate Halloween year-round, so the day really wasn't ruined.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

kristinms8

[mention]BigShadow [/mention] so sorry to hear about your Halloween.  I'm sure your presence & participation in the Celebration of Life meant a great deal to all.

I hope you can get in some of your traditional Halloween activities before Thanksgiving and cheers to keeping Halloween alive and in your heart & home year-round.  🎃🧟‍♂️🦇🧛🏻‍♀️🖤

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hepcat

Quote from: BigShadow on November 15, 2023, 08:09:17 PMA retired police k-9 from my department had died a few days earlier so we had a procession and a gathering to celebrate his life.

Very sad.

:(
Collecting! It's what I do!