What Were Your Favorite Toys??

Started by Scatter, January 23, 2009, 11:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaronLatos35

The Coleco and Mattel Football games rarely left my hands back then! Great pics...
"For one who has lived but a single lifetime, you are a wise man ...Van Helsing."
"I shall awaken memories of love and crime and death..."

Street Worm

Any one else have this Remco Frogman?

Pretty cool toy-
Predated GI Joe by a few & really worked in the water!
(Pretty big, too)

Mine got away from me in Sheep Pond  (Cape Cod)
probably still there on the bottom some where........  :(

ChrisW

King Zor
Match Box/Hot Wheels
Marx army men, and the larger scale Marx figures, any type - army, cave men, weird-oh, monster...
Board games, especially the MB American Heritage battle games like Dogfight, Broadside, etc.
Snorkels, flippers and masks

packy120353

Aww Dogfight with those little plastic Spads and Fokkers! Coolest game ever except Bean Bag Buccaneers!

Scatter

Quote from: Roback on January 26, 2009, 08:45:24 PM
Look familiar? I still have these from my childhood.

I think I had ALL of these !! Sadly, a rather unsettled childhood prevented me from keeping all these cool things.
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

Scary Terry

Quote from: packy120353 on January 27, 2009, 08:43:32 PM
Aww Dogfight with those little plastic Spads and Fokkers! Coolest game ever except Bean Bag Buccaneers!

BEAN BAG BUCCANEERS!  Yeah!  You just triggered a memory of a VERY cool toy.  My aunt owned a gift shop and had one of these on sale there forever.  I desperately wanted it, but as I recall it was a bit pricey.  But I'd moon over it every time we'd go there.  Eventually it ended up as a gift (birthday? Christmas? I can't recall) from my folks.  Hope my aunt gave 'em a discount.....

Ooh -- just looked this up -- retailed for $16.00 new in '62.  Ouch!  That would have bought a lot of model kits or comic books back then.  Makes me appreciate my folks even more.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

CreepysFan

Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots

Lincoln Logs

Blow mold dinosaurs

Dr.Zaius Bank (used as a Lawgiver statue for Planet of the Apes figures)

Captain Kirk figure

Model kits
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

MDG

Hot Wheels

Plastic dinosaurs

Spy toys: The James Bond and Man from UNCLE briefcases, Agent Zero M

Captain Action
MDG

Jscareshock

The Palmer and MPC monster figures.  They worked so well fighting the army men from my Marx playsets.  And that It figure made for many wonderful adventures with my spacemen.

Roback

Robert Acquarulo

Scary Terry

I still have my original Battling Tops game (no box, though).  I have many fond memories of playing that with my dad and brothers.  Great to see that pic of the box.
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Scatter

Man, I LOVED Whizzer and Battling Tops!
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

raycastile

I haven't thought of Wizzer in ages.  And I love that Ghost Gun.  Is that really yours?  I had hours of fun playing in a dark closet with my Ghost Gun.
Raymond Castile

Roback

Everything that I post is mine minus the actual box for the ghost gun. I've been looking for a box for one of these badboys for years.

( my childhood Wacky Packages )

( I can remember playing with this Lost In Space Robot for hours. Naturally only one is mine, loose at that.)

( Found this badboy down my parents basement )
Robert Acquarulo

Jscareshock

I've taken a wizzer more than once.  Seriously, battling tops rocked!