I lost my Monster Scenes Dr. Deadly base...

Started by Rockshasa, August 05, 2021, 12:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockshasa

...and he doesn't stand well without it.

Hey all,

Bob, from what use to be BobbysMonsterModels here. My site's been down for years (I lost touch with my HTML/CSS skills - and when you don't practice you lose it). I've been completely out of the monster model building loop for about 8 years now. Anyway, I have a large shelf that houses all of my monster models. It runs the length of a room. It's up near the ceiling and it's a PITA to clean. As a result, my models gather tons of dust (TONS!!). Today I decided to pull everything off of it and clean it all. I actually had to use a household canister vacuum to suck up the shelf dust. I had my air purifier cranked up to 11, LOL. I should have taken pics of some of the dust encrusted models. You couldn't really tell what color some of them were. Everything was gray.

I don't know how you all clean your models off, but I'm mostly an enamel painter, so I just take my entire model, sit it in my stainless steel kitchen sink, turn on the cold water, let it pour all over the model, use the sprayer hose, and voila, instant clean model! It's amazing how squeaky clean they look when they're done. I then sit them on paper towels and let them dry. Some of my models have things on them though that cannot get wet. Those models I take outside and use a draftsmen's brush, and just lightly brush it all over and blow on it.

So I got all my models cleaned up. They are all sparkling again. I then decided to retire some models from display, store them away, and bring out some other models that had been packed away for the last 10 years. I decided to bring my Monster Scenes out. I hadn't seen them in so long. I got them all cleaned up, cleared a new display space, and started setting them up when I discovered I have lost Dr. Deadly's base. It must have gotten misplaced during my move 10 years ago. Anyway, he doesn't stand very well without his base. I could "attempt" to make a new one with Milliputty (sp?), but I'm not much of a sculptor.

Does anybody know if anyone has a nice base for Dr. Deadly? Did anyone ever make an alternate one?

PS - Today has sparked an interest in maybe building/painting a new model (or two). I have several that are boxed and in the works (Bigfoot, The Ghost and both the Dark Shadows kits). I cleaned up my work bench a couple days back. I have everything ready. I'm feeling rusty though. I bought the Dracula/Mr. Hyde kit a couple years back. I pulled them out tonight. I'm thinking I'd love to work on them next. I also have the Feral Cat, the Dungeon and the Animal Pit to build as well.

Pics of Dr. Deadly, the Hanging Cage, and the Victim from my old website:

Jim Bertges

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred.

Hepcat

Quote from: Rockshasa on August 05, 2021, 12:42:00 AMI also have the Feral Cat ... to build as well.

Feral Cat? Was that kit a part of the original Aurora Monster Scenes series of kits from the 1970's or is that only by Atlantis?

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on August 07, 2021, 11:42:56 PM
Feral Cat? Was that kit a part of the original Aurora Monster Scenes series

No.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monster Mike

After you make a replacement for the lost base you can tell your friends "you got to second base with a double D!"

(Double D=D——r. D—-eadly)

Rockshasa

Quote from: Hepcat on August 07, 2021, 11:42:56 PM
Feral Cat? Was that kit a part of the original Aurora Monster Scenes series of kits from the 1970's or is that only by Atlantis?

I think Dencomm produced the Feral Cat. I haven't dug it out of storage yet, but I think it was Dencomm. It's been awhile...