New Blu-ray/DVD Releases

Started by horrorhunter, July 23, 2016, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Severin Films Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-severin-films-podcast/id1528998697

I listened to the latest one featuring the new The Eurocrypt Of Christopher Lee Collection last night and really enjoyed it. I'll be pre-ordering the set for sure.

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

I just preordered The Eurocrypt Of Christopher Lee Collection box set from Severin. It streets 5/25. Really looking forward to this one.

For the last few years Severin have been hit or miss with me. They always produce great product, but it isn't cheap and many of the big box sets and other items they've released I've passed on. I have nearly all of those Al Adamson and Andy Milligan films already and I'm not shelling out big bucks for deluxe versions of movies that are a little tough to get through in many cases. To us genre fans those films are interesting and fun to analyze and to non-genre fans they're just crappy movies. Anyway, my old DVD copies will suffice for those. But, some of the Severin releases have been must-haves for me, like the two Hemisphere box sets and the Blood On Satan's Claw and Beast In The Cellar releases. This new Chris Lee box set looks awesome. Can't wait for it.  ;)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Memphremagog

Coming April 20, from Warner Archives:

Extras include: commentary track, documentary of restoration of the film, the B&W version of film and documentary of horror films of
director Michael Curtiz
DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Mike Scott

Quote from: Memphremagog on March 03, 2021, 12:03:41 PM
Extras include: the B&W version of film

Great!  :)  I wonder if it is restored, too?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

Extras include: commentary track, documentary of restoration of the film, the B&W version of film and documentary of horror films of
director Michael Curtiz

Oh, that just made my day!!!  :) :) :) :)
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Monsters For Sale

Explorers, 1985 - BLU-Ray - Scream Factory - Scheduled Release Date:  May 25, 2021

Three juveniles launch a covert backyard space program.

River Phoenix, Ethan Hawke and Jason Presson.

Bonus Content:
          - Includes the Home Video & Theatrical Cuts of the Film
          - A Science Fiction Fairy Tale: The Story Of Explorers – New Interviews with Joe Dante, Eric Luke, Ethan Hawke, and More!
          - Deleted Scenes with Optional Commentary by Joe Dante
          - Interviews with Cinematographer John Hora and Editor Tina Hirsch
          - Theatrical Trailer

2 Disc Edition
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on March 18, 2021, 07:28:27 PM

- Includes the Home Video & Theatrical Cuts of the Film

I wonder what was different about them?
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 18, 2021, 09:10:36 PM
I wonder what was different about them? 

Shout gives the running time as "106/109 mins".

So I guess there is that difference - if not alternate takes.
ADAM

BRICK

Actually, I would pay extra for a SHORTER version, that ends BEFORE they meet the aliens!  :)
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: BRICK on March 19, 2021, 08:41:45 AM
Actually, I would pay extra for a SHORTER version, that ends BEFORE they meet the aliens!  :) 

A lot of people hated Explorers when it came out.  They were involved in the story of one movie when it took a radical left and they couldn't, or didn't want to, follow along.  I remember some critics savaging Joe Dante.

I always wondered about someone who was watching the movie and had to take a bathroom break.  I can picture them returning after the aliens appear and thinking they must have walked into the wrong theater.
ADAM

BRICK

I seem to remember a contemporary movie review of the time told you at exactly what point in the film you should get up and leave.

Memphremagog

director Michael Curtiz

Release date has been bumped up to April 13th.
DARK SHADOWS:

Mike Scott

Quote from: BRICK on March 19, 2021, 08:41:45 AM

I like the aliens in EXPLORERS! They're funny!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Memphremagog

Quote from: Mike Scott on March 03, 2021, 05:13:49 PM
Great!  :)  I wonder if it is restored, too?

According to a review of the upcoming release, the black & white version of DOCTOR X has been restored as well..
DARK SHADOWS: