Here's The Full Movie Trailer For 'Rosemary's Baby'

Started by emazers, April 14, 2014, 11:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scatter

Quote from: BaronLatos35 on May 18, 2014, 12:24:52 PM
It wasn't creepy, but it was well done, Paris was a great location and Zoe Saldana was awesome.

I really did like the "TV event" deal. I liked how NBC tried something different. A horror remake got the primetime treatment and it wasn't a "Grimm/Sleepy Hollow" type.

Agreed Thomas........a nice nod to the '70s Prime Time TV horror movies. Really, we are experiencing the Silver Age of TV horror right now (Gold going to the 60s-70s).
We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

aura of foreboding

It was... okay.  I'd give it a 6 out of 10.  Maybe a 5.5. 

I did not enjoy any of the characters except for Rosemary, No Name, and the old priest.  Julie was slightly likable.  The rest were "bleh" and were acted as such, especially Guy and the witches.  Really...  They could have had a bit more life.  Modern acting doesn't appeal to me, I guess. 

Because of the European setting, I kept thinking The Omen.  In fact, it was a little too much like The Omen, except with less interesting characters, plotlines, and atmosphere.  I enjoyed The Omen remake a lot more.  At least it was a Horror film.  I'm not sure what this version of Rosemary's Baby was.  There were witches, yes.  There was Satan, yes.  But those elements alone a Horror film do not make.  This film lacked suspense.  It only started getting good in the last 30 minutes, and even then the ending was dissatisfying.  I am glad they attempted to build up the characters and their relationships in the first 3/4 of the show, but they didn't do so effectively.  The only thing we learned was that Guy was a jerk... and she still stayed with him. 

I will give them props on the score (not the soundtrack, which was pretty bad and again made me question what genre they had in mind while making this film).  The main theme was beautiful, gorgeous, and haunting.  Instrumentations were not as good as in the original, but were still the highlight of this otherwise unremarkable remake. 

Just my two cents. 

charp13

aura- I felt the same way. No Name was awesome! My husband & I laughed at his delightfully dramatic MEOWWWWW! Hahahahaha!
I liked Roman & Rosemary a lot- they really carried the movie.

aura of foreboding

I honestly felt No Name needed some Cold-Eeze, but I don't hold that against the performer's otherwise stellar performance.   ;)