Antique Toy & Doll Show - Kane County Fairgrounds 4/25/10

Started by CreepyJeff, April 01, 2010, 10:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreepyJeff

Howdy all - I've been setting up a booth at Kane County each April and October now going into my tenth year.  While ebay has reduced the size of this show, there are still many vendors with lots of cool vintage toys and dolls.  I'm set up in the east part of the main building against the north wall.  Poke a head in here if you're able to come or want more information.  Show open to the public on Sunday the 25th from 8:00am to 3:00pm.  Stop by and say hi.  Buy a monster toy or two. 

Creepy Jeff
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

ICEMANN333

creepyjeff ..whats up...  big john.......kane is the real thing for us here ...the last two years it has got better.........this is 25th this year for me setting up ....time fly's .. are you going to wonderfest.......big john....

CreepyJeff

Hey big John - wow, 25 years is amazing.  Yes - the UMA traveling toy tour will be at Wonderfest again this year - our fifth year straight I believe.  It's a great time to be sure.

Wicked Lester

I am about 40 mins from Kane. Have not been there in maybe 8-10 years because the Ebay prices just SMOKE the Kanes. If that has changed I'll make the drive wearing my UMA shirt and we can hook up.

hammerfan

I havent been to this show in years as it seemed like the high end dealers have stopped attending. It was becoming a dump show for action figures. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Have the Lambs stopped screaming Clarice?....Dr. Lector

poseablemonster

I have done the show since the early 90's, and it is true that the show has declined in a lot of ways since eBay, but I usually find something that makes it worth coming back. 

Elizabeth

Anyone else making the trek up/out to Kane County for this show?

Elizabeth

Wicked Lester

I thought we were. Not gonna make it. Wife having friends over and no $ for toys.

Minion

I'm gonna seeing about checking it out. I'm only about 35 - 40 minutes from it

poseablemonster

Quote from: Minion on April 19, 2010, 05:34:19 PM
I'm gonna seeing about checking it out. I'm only about 35 - 40 minutes from it
Hopefully you can make it, Aaron.  We'd love to see ya again!

Minion

I woke up too late Sunday morning (ahem - afternoon) to get ready and get out there in time. I bet they had every toy and mask I've been looking for haha

ICEMANN333

HEY JEFF NOT BAD OF A SHOW............. FOUND A REAL GOOD MONSTER TOY.........BIG J......

poseablemonster

I didn't find squat, and it wasn't a great selling show, either.  I hate to say it, but that may be my last Kane Co. show.  I'd like to support the show, but it is just too much money and work to put into it anymore for what it is. :-\

CreepyJeff

Hey Big John - I got to see your cool toy you lucky S.O.G.  Now you have to decide if you want to keep it or sell it.  That would be a tough call for me.

And my sales were pretty flat too, Andy.  Obviously my drive to the show isn't quite as far as yours (sorry) but the cost of the tables and all the work setting up and taking down, yeah - I hear ya.  I'll probably be back for the October show but if it's another flatty, 2010 may well be my last as well. 

On a real high note, Hannah and Mia hit it off like I knew they would.  Thanks to Amy and Nancy for watching over them.  Hopefully we can all get together outside of Kane County fairgrounds.  Oh and I made a trade for those trash cans.  Ended up paying a little more than I would have liked but I'm happy I have them.  Thanks for the insight on them.