Moebius Gigantic Frankenstein

Started by Gory Glenn, June 02, 2015, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on June 08, 2015, 01:54:45 PM
I also like the tendrils on the forehead. It's like a nod to Jack Pierce's original design.

That's also the way James Bama's illustration depicts him. Not technically accurate for the Strange version of the monster but still cool.

the_horror_man

Quote from: CultofPersonality on June 08, 2015, 12:04:55 PM
Head was available two different ways, as a bust like McDee's (whose pictures DO show Tony's incredible talent for detail and texture.  Plus it didn't hurt that Tony absolutely LOVED that James Bama artwork, and he just REALLY gave it his all on this piece!  :)). The replacement head version also included a replacement sweater insert piece making the head a perfect fit to the BF body.  I will try and get ahold of Fritz this week to check on availability.
          Tom

So if I understand this correctly, you will be checking if it is still possible to get one of these Glenn Strange Frankenstein heads?

thm

Mord

Quote from: Gory Glenn on June 08, 2015, 03:15:41 PM
That's also the way James Bama's illustration depicts him. Not technically accurate for the Strange version of the monster but still cool.
The "Big Frankie" Bama art is the screensaver on my phone. I've always loved that painting. It's probably the most memorable piece of monster art from my youth.

Gory Glenn

Well, he showed up today and I was astounded that he arrived in 100% flawless condition! Not a nick, ding or blemish.  Being he shipped from New Jersey to California I was concerned but the seller's packaging was excellent. It only took me 50 years to get my first Gigantic Frankenstein!  Yeah!! ;D

CultofPersonality

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 08, 2015, 03:48:03 PM
So if I understand this correctly, you will be checking if it is still possible to get one of these Glenn Strange Frankenstein heads?

thm

THM; yep, I need to speak with Fritz about another matter anyway, so while I have him I will see if he has any onhand for sale or if someone else is currently producing them.  :)
       Tom

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Mord

Congratulations, Glenn. It is one beautiful piece! I'm sure glad it came in perfect shape. That happens so rarely.

Gory Glenn

Quote from: Mord on June 08, 2015, 10:56:26 PM
Congratulations, Glenn. It is one beautiful piece! I'm sure glad it came in perfect shape. That happens so rarely.

Thanks Mord! I was really nervous about what condition it would show up in so it was a real relief when it turned out this good. The box is such an important part of this piece.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Gory Glenn on June 09, 2015, 12:02:05 AM
Thanks Mord! I was really nervous about what condition it would show up in so it was a real relief when it turned out this good. The box is such an important part of this piece.

I know how you feel. Really glad it showed up in great condition. You know, if something comes in without damage now a days, I am actually surprised. How sad is that that if an item I order comes in without damage, I am surprised.

thm

the_horror_man

Quote from: CultofPersonality on June 08, 2015, 10:26:02 PM
THM; yep, I need to speak with Fritz about another matter anyway, so while I have him I will see if he has any onhand for sale or if someone else is currently producing them.  :)
       Tom

Thank you very much.

thm

Gory Glenn

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 09, 2015, 12:51:45 AM
I know how you feel. Really glad it showed up in great condition. You know, if something comes in without damage now a days, I am actually surprised. How sad is that that if an item I order comes in without damage, I am surprised.

thm

This is so true and it's a shame really.

Mark McGovern

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 02, 2015, 03:44:21 PM... I used to do art projects. However, trying to get things right was causing me stress lol so I sort of gave it up.
Oh gosh, never say die, horror_man!  My Big Frankie set dear old Dad back $4.95...back in early 1965 that is.  It wore a pretty poor paint job for years, but I got better through practice and reading FineScale Modeler.  Eventually I updated Frankie and I think he turned out all right.

You just have to keep at it
I build, therefore I am.

CultofPersonality

Gotta say Mark, that does NOT look like Pactra 'namel applied with q-tips (although in the case of BF, I remember a friend's big brother applying housepaint with a roller. :)). THM; I have exchanged emails with Fritz who has directed me to a producer who has the Glenn
Strange sculpt. I forwarded him a link to this thread and I am waiting to hear back from him.
        Tom

horrorhunter

Quote from: Gory Glenn on June 08, 2015, 08:10:16 PM
Well, he showed up today and I was astounded that he arrived in 100% flawless condition! Not a nick, ding or blemish.  Being he shipped from New Jersey to California I was concerned but the seller's packaging was excellent. It only took me 50 years to get my first Gigantic Frankenstein!  Yeah!! ;D
Congrats, Glenn. I bought mine when Moebius first made them available. You got a great deal, bro!  :)
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mark McGovern

Quote from: CultofPersonality on June 14, 2015, 02:28:39 AM
...I have exchanged emails with Fritz who has directed me to a producer who has the Glenn Strange sculpt. I forwarded him a link to this thread and I am waiting to hear back from him.
Tom,

I have number 8 or 9 of the original 13 castings of Fritz' Glenn Strange head towards the back of my workbench.  I felt that some of the proportions of the face were a bit off, and wasn't too crazy about the detailing of the back of the Monster's head.  So I've been using the bust as a depository for excess Aves Apoxie Sculpt to make "corrections".  The quotation marks are there to indicate that it's a wonderful piece right out of the box, but me having an A-type personality... :P
I build, therefore I am.

CultofPersonality

Hey Mark; speaking of proportions, I DID end up getting the Yagher/Gogos head sculpt scanned and I'm waiting on getting the first
"printing" from the stereo lithographer.  You will be the FIRST person I send some pics when I have some to share!  :) Also, please send me your snailmail again, I have something for you of a more, shall we say, TANGIBLE nature to share now!  ;)
       Tom