NEW Gigantic Creature kit emerges!

Started by darkmonkeygod, April 29, 2024, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmonkeygod

This image and text were posted across multiple social media channels this weekend by Doug P'gosh (of Retro-a-go-go fame and designer of Mondo's Universal Monsters tiki-mugs), in advance of Jimmy Flintstone Studios' reveal at this year's upcoming Wonderfest.

"Box cover mock up for the release of my friend Jimmy Flintstone's GIANT Creature, being revealed at Wonderfest this June 1/2. This is meant to be a companion piece to the old Aurora giant Frankie kit, so I designed it to look as similar as possible, with a few differences. And I'll be at Wonderfest with a table in Jimmy's booth with a sampling of Retro-a-go-go! Goodies, lots of my prints and original paintings on display. Make your plans now to see us at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Louisville, June 1 and 2! #wonderfest #classicmonster #auroramonster #jimmyflintstonestudios see more of my art, prints and products at PGOSH."

I asked if it's licensed but haven't gotten a response. Will update if I do.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

If it's licensed, then I am Eleanor Roosevelt. 8)  >:D

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 29, 2024, 07:34:03 PMIf it's licensed, then I am Eleanor Roosevelt. 8)  >:D

Yeah, but ya never know. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Dr.Terror

It should use the Bama head painting since Big Frankie used it.

Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

Mike Scott

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on April 29, 2024, 07:07:14 PMThis is meant to be a companion piece to the old Aurora giant Frankie kit,

There was a garage kit of that 20 years ago.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: Dr.Terror on April 29, 2024, 08:09:16 PMIt should use the Bama head painting since Big Frankie used it.

Like this?

And an ad.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Dr.Terror

Yup.  So much better.  That old giant Creech kit blows to new version away.  It looks l8ke a 2000s stretch screamer, not a 60s sculpted aurora kit.
Morning, noon, or night, Anytime . . . . the count may strike. If you're caught you have to linger, Cause Dracula may bite your finger!

MonsterBaker666

I have the older Gigantic Creature kit and love it.  Don't like the new version.