Show your Monster Collection(s)

Started by hhwolfman, December 01, 2007, 12:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poseablemonster

Great Glenn Strange!  I'm droolin' over that one. :o

Tom Smith Monsternut

New here at the Smith mansion.. The monster game room..

in the day light..

in the spooky glow in the dark night time..

Anyone up for a game of glow in the dark pool ?

to see more go here..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomscolor/sets/72157607920509659/

Best..
Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

michblk

Sweet Room Tom!  Where did you see Kurt Russell to get the Escape from New York Poster signed?  Is the Monster Squad signed by the cast too?

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

avenger

Tom,
   I see some great posters,Forbidden Planet,Dracula and Monster Squad !
And those toys Rockem Sockem Robots,Alf ,Gort ,C3PO and R2D2 !
When can we come over and play at your house ?
Great stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Smith Monsternut

Yes The Monster Squad 1 sheet is signed by most of the cast and the director Fred Decker.
I got that one signed my self at Monster mania con a few years ago.
The Escape from NY I got off of EBay ,Russell signed it for a charity event ,I got the Adrienne Barbeau autograph myself at another con here in NJ.

Their are a lot of autographed pieces in this room..anyone see anymore ?

Sure if any of you are in the Old Bridge area of NJ LMK and we will set up a visit and a game :)

If you look at the 5 th page of this post you will see pics of my main Monster  collection in my Fortress of Solitude.

Or..
Want to see more ? go to..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomscolor/sets/72157603381841493/

Best..
Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Gasport

NICELY DONE! Tons of cool stuff and all very WELL LIT! Love the bluish green tint to everything! Gives it all a magical quality. Is the giant Jack Davis Franky poster an original? Also very reassuring to See the Zacherley poster on display... I saved my son's Iron Giant from destruction while he was still too young to care and i believe its the same one you have. I'll give it back to him some day when he's old enough to really appreciate it. Enjoy [like you need ME to tell you this] your room!

Tom Smith Monsternut

No the Davis Frank poster in not an original..I did have one though until I got married and my wife threw it out one day 25 years ago:(
I got this one from  UMA member , actor ,and fellow collector extradinare Dan Robuck.  Thanks once again Dan for getting this copy for me !

The room would not be complete with out our old Pal Zach in the room..He gave that mini poster to me years ago at Chiller. What a great guy !

I'm happy to see he is doing well and I look forward to his show on the 25 th !

Best..
Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Gasport

Yes, and there's a chance he might be displaying a copy of his original 6 ft Famous Monsters Zacherley poster during his hosting duties. At least that is what he intended to do... Truth be known, Zach called me right after filming his insert bits for the upcoming special. He said  they informed him upon arrival that his part would be less than originally anticipated and while Zach had prepared a whole slew of bits, [including running for president] he was instead handed a script of what they wanted him to do and over the course of 3 or 4 break ins he probably will only be seen about 5 minutes, all total.  Our only hope is that the ratings are high and they want him back for a future broadcast of Chiller Theatre. I strongly urge all members who are able to view this special on the 25th to write the station's website and tell them to turn the show back over to Zach on a weekly basis with full blown skits by the Cool Ghoul and ONLY the Cool Ghoul!
                           Mike

Bogey

Tom,
A bit more about the old radio, if you will.  Also, nice little Haunted Mansion (Disney) lp down in the corner there.  That one does not usually come cheap.  (PS Are you an ELP fan?)

Scary Terry

Great stuff on display!  I especially like that vintage Jack Kirby black light Silver Surfer poster.  I have the FF poster -- but no room to display it right now.... 
Scary Terry
www.terrybeatty.blogspot.com

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on October 10, 2008, 10:37:11 PM
No the Davis Frank poster in not an original..I did have one though until I got married and my wife threw it out one day 25 years ago:( ... 

Would that have been your first wife?

ADAM

Tom Smith Monsternut

Answers..

ELP is awesome !

The old radio is not oid it is just a reproduction that I got a few years ago for Christmas. I think it looks cool though:)

The Haunted Mansion record.. I have owned that since I was 7 years old.

Same wife.. We are going on 29 years now. I have gotten used to her and it's too lte to trade in her for a newer model. :)

Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

avenger

Tom,
   Once again you have a wonderful collection and as with several other collectors here
(Robert Taylor,Dan Roebuck,etc.) each time I look at the photos,I see something different.
Where did you get the Groucho Marx doll ?
By the by,Tom,my wife and I are in our 29 th rear as well,so I know you made sure she was out
of the room before typing the trade her in for a newer model remark ! LOL !

Bogey

Quote from: Tom Smith Monsternut on October 12, 2008, 08:48:24 AM
Answers..

ELP is awesome !

The old radio is not oid it is just a reproduction that I got a few years ago for Christmas. I think it looks cool though:)

The Haunted Mansion record.. I have owned that since I was 7 years old.

Same wife.. We are going on 29 years now. I have gotten used to her and it's too lte to trade in her for a newer model. :)

Tom

Tom,

My dad and I were to see ELP back in '79 at the Montreal Forum.  I got the flu so could not go, but he said it was an awesome show.  Still kicking myself over this one.

The Haunted mansion record my wife had as a kid  She listened to it over and over and over.  A friend of ours tracked us down a copy.  We are going to relisten to it as a family in the coming days leading up to Halloween on my recent purchase of a turntable.  Ron Howard I believe was one of the voices on it.  Yes?

I have an old radio and my dad enjoys restoing them, so they always catch my eye.  It is an old Philco:

And FWIW, my wife and I just passed our 16th together.....and she has every right to trade me in at this point. ;)

Tom Smith Monsternut

Cool Radio ! I would love to get an original one that works !

The record does have a teen Ron Howard on it.

Groucho Marx ventriloquist doll was my wife's uncle.. When he passed away it came to live with me :)

While I was digging around looking for old photos I came across these old pics of my first Monster room when I was just a lad..

My 2 sisters and our dog Suffy ..

Yep.. that was me..back in 73

My pal Walter..

My original Davis Frank poster..

Best..
tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"