Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 16, 2018, 08:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearliath

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2019, 07:50:39 PM
Thanks, Matt!

I know there won't be any towels and I hear the puzzles are plentiful, so I'm not sure there's much I need to dive for, but I'll probably get something.  :)

Just a little nugget I thought I'd pass on about the Creature towels. In the replies to Super 7's  post on Instagram about the Boodega items going up for sale at 12 Pacific today someone asked:

"any word on making more of the Creature towels?"

to which Bryan Flynn (the owner of Super 7) replied:  "we definitely think we should. No date yet, as sdcc ended yesterday, but soon!"

Hope springs eternal...

fearliath

One other thing. If any of you have a Twitter account please go to the (*at*)super7store Twitter account and you will find their most recent tweet with a poll asking "What's your favorite?" with options of Peanuts, TMNT or Universal Monsters. Go ahead and select Universal Monster please. TMNT is dump trucking the Universal Monsters (mostly because of the Twitter demographic). Show the monsters some love.

Mike Scott

Quote from: fearliath on July 23, 2019, 10:58:09 AM
to which Bryan Flynn (the owner of Super 7) replied:  "we definitely think we should.

Yippee!! Thanks for asking him and I hope it happens!  :) :) :)

Definitely not payin' $150 for one, now!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Subatomic_Matt

That's great news about the towel! They'd be fools not to make more.

I voted on Twitter and I get the feeling Super7 knows they've got a hot ticket going. After all, two years of the Boodega!

I hope the glow Garloo's last until tomorrow, when I get paid. Mebbe I'll splurge on the transluscent figures, even. Seeing UM stuff is a treat.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 22, 2019, 01:17:40 PM
Xenomorph ?

They mean a figure from the Alien movies.

Using that word made my heart give a little jump, too.  I was wondering how they would handle the sculpt of the legless IT from 1953.

Even I would be willing to give money to Super7 for that figure.

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 23, 2019, 01:26:45 PM
Using that word made my heart give a little jump, too.  I was wondering how they would handle the sculpt of the legless IT from 1953.

That's the "X" I was thinking of, too.  :)
CREATURE FAN

deadonarrival

Palifan

Quote from: deadonarrival on July 23, 2019, 02:10:34 PM
got my keshi 6 pack. yay!

Me to! I didn't get any of the blind boxes as they don't stock them in the UK so this rack toy looking version is a nice inexpensive way to own them along with a few Worst characters I was after.

Ian

Subatomic_Matt

I was really hoping they'd have the coloring books, dang it.

aura of foreboding

Got my Blue Wolf Man mask... and a few other things.   ;D

I too was hoping for a coloring book. 

Mike Scott

I got the Creature puzzle and a Creature glass. I would have taken a Creature patch and specs, but . .
CREATURE FAN

Palifan

Good to see that some people are getting a few of the exclusives, it's always worth the wait  ;D

Ian

Anton Phibes

What I am about to say may shock you. It might even horrify you. I have bought nothing...yet. I am tempted by the glasses and puzzles....but I know the minute I buy them they will say "surprise, Reaction wave 2 is here". I cannot afford it all at once.

deadonarrival

Quote from: Palifan on July 23, 2019, 02:12:37 PM
Me to! I didn't get any of the blind boxes as they don't stock them in the UK so this rack toy looking version is a nice inexpensive way to own them along with a few Worst characters I was after.

Ian

Nice! I like the look of this 6 pack. I dont plan in getting any more of the individual boxes aside from the 4 i got from Mike cuz i am confident they will eventually release a 12 pack (can probably but i'm hoping coffin shaped box) and maybe 3 packs. They're so much cheaper without the individual box and sticker. (3 packs are $2 per figure, 12 packs are $1.66 per figure).

As for the thought of a 2nd 6 pack like the one we just got, i doubt it, it would be very off balanced with 2 creatures, 2 phantoms, a moleman and the mutant. Just doesnt seem likely.