Russ Berrie " Jigglers ".

Started by petetatzon, August 23, 2014, 09:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petetatzon

I have noticed there have been some topics on here about various Jigglers , here's some pictures of my collection, and I hope you enjoy them, should fetch back some memories for some  :)

CreepyJeff

Great stuff - thanks for posting these pics.  I have the monkey and the devil somewhere in my basement.  My monkey has an orange body and the devil has a light green body if memory serves me.  :)
"Work...Finish.  Then sleep!"

Wicked Lester

I guess I just don't "get" this old monster stuff. To each there own but I find these to be mildly  retarded looking. I had several of these as a kid and gave them away. $125-300 a piece doing Ebay research. Just call me dumb when I have OOP masks and props from major lines that can't command that kind of $ something is wrong or people still have too much disposable cash. I would have guessed maybe 30-$40 each. Rant over. If I had those at todays prices I would sell them all. Sorry to be a dick.

Mord

I guess it all depends on whatever fond memories you have of these. I remember those from my childhood. They were very soft, rubbery & had a distinct smell... and taste (hey, I was a kid). I personally wouldn't want one now, but I can't criticize someone who does. A lot of people can't understand the things I cherish.

petetatzon

One of the Jigglers is generic, designed and made by a collector as a special edition, he sold one to famed director Guillermo Del Toro, because you see Mr Toro likes things that look "Slightly retarded" Zombie Roll Eyes. Anyway ,can you guess which one ?

horrorhunter

When I was a wee monsterbrat I bought many a rubber bug out of vending machines but I never really got into the jigglers. I still feel about the same, jigglers look cool but I don't have any in my collection currently. I love to see Monsterkids embracing their favorite things, even if it's something I don't collect.  :)

I do love rubber monster toys, however. I still have a few rubber bugs and monsters from my childhood, and I have sealed complete sets of Creepy Crawlers, Fright Factory, Creeple Peeple, and Giant Creepy Crawlers. Also have another Creepy Crawlers set I used to make all of the original bugs last Thanksgiving, and a Creepy Crawlers carrying case to store them in. I'm a bit of a Thingmaker nut.  :laugh:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: petetatzon on August 24, 2014, 12:02:11 PM
One of the Jigglers is generic, designed and made by a collector as a special edition, he sold one to famed director Guillermo Del Toro, because you see Mr Toro likes things that look "Slightly retarded" Zombie Roll Eyes. Anyway ,can you guess which one ?

Really impressive collection! Are the shelves glass? I'm always curious about the reactivity between plastics and rubberizers.

Is it the big reed and yellow monster with the claw feet, tentacle arms, and wings on its head? It's new to me, but several of yours aren't really familiar. Which one and who makes it?  Again, great collection, thanks for sharing it.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

petetatzon

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on August 25, 2014, 01:14:45 AM
Really impressive collection! Are the shelves glass? I'm always curious about the reactivity between plastics and rubberizers.

Is it the big reed and yellow monster with the claw feet, tentacle arms, and wings on its head? It's new to me, but several of yours aren't really familiar. Which one and who makes it?  Again, great collection, thanks for sharing it.

You win a chocolate mouse  :) ,yes you spotted him, he's called "Squidzy" and was designed and is made to order by Jiggler collector "Erik Sheets". Here's a link http://uk.pinterest.com/eriksheets18/russ-berrie-jigglers/ ,scroll down to the picture of a purple and pale green Squidzy, on that picture is Erik's Email address should you like to order one. He tells me he's made and sold 50 so far, but of course I was really impressed to find he'd sold one to Del Toro.
Regarding the little display cabinet, the shelves are plexiglass and have been ideal for the job.

Missed a few  ;)

poseablemonster

This is an INCREDIBLE collection!  Thanks so much for the pics.  I love the Berrie Jigglers.  They are, to me, great 60's toys.

raycastile

That is a jaw-dropping jiggler collection! I don't collect Russ Berrie jigglers myself, but that is due more to lack of funds than lack of interest. One of these days, I'd like to get a few of the more monstery ones, like the devil. Seeing them all together like that underscores the sense of fun that these toys convey.
Raymond Castile

jim m

What a fantastic collection! I love the crazy look of these things. Thanks for sharing.

jimm

These are GREAT, thanks for posting...I have the Vulture (Kwazy Boid IIRC)

LundyAfterMidnight

Quote from: Mord on August 24, 2014, 04:58:12 AM
  I remember those from my childhood. They were very soft, rubbery & had a distinct smell... and taste (hey, I was a kid). 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)