AZRAK APES FIGURES 1974

Started by Gasport, December 15, 2009, 05:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasport

I recall very well buying these in a drug store during the 70's on eastern LI. I would imagine they are some kind of generic Planet of the Apes knock-offs. Can't remember what they were originally called and i've NEVER seen them among the other Azrak figures covered in the threads i've seen here in the past. [maybe i just missed them?] Anyway, i dug them out of storage, photographed them, and am hoping somebody out there can provide some info? Like i said, i know they are Azrak, the date stamped on their backs is 1974 and they were made in Hong Kong....

Gasport

OKAY! Just answered my own question by doing a quick Yahoo search. They were called ''Action Apeman'' and were just what i thought...knockoffs of the POTA figures!

http://www.plaidstallions.com/racktoys/ahiapes.html

OldTimey

Darryl

gracebuster

I like that they are ready for combat!

hhwolfman

Quote from: gracebuster on December 16, 2009, 12:34:25 AM
I like that they are ready for combat!

Gorilla Warfare????  

Unknown Primate

" Perhaps he dimly wonders why, there is no other such as I. "

Jscareshock

I remember those.  They were 99 cents and a buddy of mine bought five bucks worth to have an adventure with his Action Jackson figure.  Int he end the world got destroyed and he burned them all!!!

marsattacks666

I used to have them as a kid, growing up in N.Y. Although they have a extremely crude aesthetic, the apes still look cool. Kind of a G.I. Joe meets P.O.T.A. ,generic Planet of the Apes rock!!!! Let's give a round of applause to A.H.I.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

michblk

"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

OldTimey

I had an AHI Apeman when I was a kid. He hung out with my Mego apes.

I bought a couple of nice ones about 10 years ago, and a Tong ape about a year ago.
Darryl

BlackLagoon

Holy original G.I. Joe clothing!! Check the Adventure team's locker for missing threads!

Very cool though!
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

marsattacks666

Quote from: BlackLagoon on December 16, 2009, 10:19:32 PM
Holy original G.I. Joe clothing!! Check the Adventure team's locker for missing threads!

Very cool though!

G.I. Joe, goooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."