Whats the last song you listened to today??

Started by Dr.Teufel Geist, June 22, 2009, 06:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee

Quote from: Wikipedia(Brenda) Lee recorded the song when she was only 13 years old. (It was first released on 24 November 1958.)

Although Decca released the single in both 1958 and again in 1959, it did not sell well until Lee became a popular star in 1960. That Christmas holiday season, Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" placed on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the first time, eventually peaking at No. 14. It continued to sell well during subsequent holiday seasons, peaking as high as No. 3 on Billboard's Christmas Singles chart in December 1965.

In November 2023, Lee released a music video for the song, and in December 2023 the song topped the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, marking Lee's third number-one single ("I'm Sorry" and "I Want to Be Wanted" from 1960 are the other two) and making Lee the oldest artist ever to top the Hot 100 at age 78, later breaking the record once again one week later at the age of 79. The song also set the record for the longest period of time between an original release and its topping the Hot 100 (65 years), as well as the longest time between number-one singles by an artist: 63 years, one month and two weeks.

Wow! Even the Rolling Stones haven't topped that particular longevity mark.

:o

Hepcat

The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)

Recorded by David Seville under the Alvin and the Chipmunks pseudonym, "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" was released on 1 December 1958.

Quote from: Wikipedia"The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)" was very successful, reaching No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles chart, becoming The Chipmunks' first (and only), as well as David Seville's second and final, No. 1 single. It had the distinction of being the only Christmas record to reach No. 1 on the same chart until Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" did so 61 years later in 2019. The single sold 4.5 million copies in seven weeks, according to Ross Bagdasarian Jr.(David Seville's son). It eventually sold 12 million copies.

Between 1958 and 1962, the single re-entered the Hot 100 several times, peaking at No. 41 in 1959, No. 45 in 1960, and No. 39 in 1962.

8)

Hepcat

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat