Dr. Deadly's Monster Scenes

Started by BlackLagoon, January 26, 2013, 07:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackLagoon

Hey all..today was the 1st Saturday I had some free time so I went to my local hobby shop to pick up some paint for my Aurora Dracula (I think they built the George Washington Bridge in less time)...anyway, I had 20.00 left on a gift card and saw this for 18.99 and had to have it for the box alone....plus it came with a comic book  ;)

Didn't even open it yet..anyone have any history or thoughts on these kits?

"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

marsattacks666

I really dig the Monster Scenes™ line. One of my favorites out of the series is the: Pain Parlor. That particular one sticks out. The graphics on the kit-box is really outstanding. The Vampirella box-art its really nice too. But not the actual
Vampirella kit itself.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

BlackLagoon

Yeah they had that one too but I just got the one until I find out how good it is. They also had some rabid rabbit thing--not really my thing but I'd be interested in seeing a build up.
"I send my murdergram to all the monster kids, it comes right back to me, signed in their parents blood"

Count_Zirock

"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Count_Zirock

Upcoming styrene environment kit: The Animal Pit!
There's already a thread for these, actually. http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=15508.0

BlackLagoon

Definitely digging the Animal Pit--that looks like it could work for a dio with some of my 3 3/4 figures.

Count_Zirock

Quote from: BlackLagoon on January 26, 2013, 10:16:30 PM
Definitely digging the Animal Pit--that looks like it could work for a dio with some of my 3 3/4 figures.
It'd be a bit oversized. Monster Scenes are 1/13-scale, whereas 3.75" figures are 1/18-scale.

CreepysFan

Didn't Monster Scenes also have a Poe like Pendulum model, or was that from another series ?
" THIS BLANKET IS A NECESSITY.  IT KEEPS ME FROM CRACKING UP." - LINUS VAN PELT

Count_Zirock

Quote from: CreepysFan on January 27, 2013, 02:23:18 AMDidn't Monster Scenes also have a Poe-like Pendulum model, or was that from another series?
That is correct, sir! And it was amongst Moebius Models' Monster Scenes reissues. It's still available from quite a few online sources, too.

Hepcat

Well I want to see the new Victim kit!

;)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Count_Zirock

Quote from: Hepcat on January 28, 2013, 10:14:45 AM
Well I want to see the new Victim kit!

;)
She should come with a cellphone that clearly has zero bars! :o :P ;)

BijouBob8mm

QuoteThe Vampirella box-art its really nice too. But not the actual Vampirella kit itself.

Which I've never understood.  The sculpts on the Monster Scenes Victim (aka Dr. Deadly's Daughter) and the Prehistoric Scenes Cave Girl were better than Vampi.  (Although I've seen a couple of people who managed to compensate for the Vampi sculpt with their paint jobs.)

empty13

i prefer the 1/8 scale but i got the rabbit cat and skeleton. might help with future 1/8 kit customizing...

lblambert

That's a great finishing job on your Vampi, D!