"The Walking Dead" Season 8

Started by Mike Scott, October 24, 2016, 01:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geezer butler

I agree w/everyone on this. The first 5 seasons were pretty much flawless imo. But things are slipping. Others have already stated this, but the soap opera stuff is pretty boring and I can't stand how segmented the story-lines are now.  The Sasha and Rosita rogue assassination attempt was stupid too. "As if" they could carry that out successfully. Gregory, however, is a character I would like to see more of. He's so weaslley and I hope he gets whacked. On the other hand his scenes are great.

long live kong

Quote from: geezer butler on March 22, 2017, 02:16:59 AM
I agree w/everyone on this. The first 5 seasons were pretty much flawless imo. But things are slipping. Others have already stated this, but the soap opera stuff is pretty boring and I can't stand how segmented the story-lines are now.  The Sasha and Rosita rogue assassination attempt was stupid too. "As if" they could carry that out successfully. Gregory, however, is a character I would like to see more of. He's so weaslley and I hope he gets whacked. On the other hand his scenes are great.
I laughed at Rosita the wannabe sniper, she couldn't kill Negan in broad daylight from six yards! I realised a few episodes back that Gregory was John Conner's foster dad in Teminator 2. I like Negan's henchmen Simon and Gavin. Simon is a total jerk, although charismatic in a more subtle way than Negan. Gavin seems to be a reluctant servant of Negan. He does horrible things but despairs of his job as Negan's bully/collector.
Monster lovers never grow old....

Mike Scott

Quote from: geezer butler on March 22, 2017, 02:16:59 AM
Gregory, however, is a character I would like to see more of. He's so weaslley and I hope he gets whacked.

I don't know how they let him live!  You just never know when he's going to betray you!?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

long live kong

Just watched episode 15, a pretty solid episode. It's got me hooked for the finale despite my recent moaning!

Mord

Quote from: long live kong on March 27, 2017, 04:05:34 PM
Just watched episode 15, a pretty solid episode. It's got me hooked for the finale despite my recent moaning!
Same here. I just hope that the cliffhanger isn't too lame.

long live kong

Quote from: Mord on March 27, 2017, 05:17:36 PM
Same here. I just hope that the cliffhanger isn't too lame.
We need satisfaction! Guns, blood, guts and Zombies!

Mike Scott

Another season ending cliffhanger, of course. Not a spoiler. You knew that was coming!  :laugh:

Man, when Rosita pushed that button, my heart sank! I thought it was all over, but wait . . . the fat lady hasn't sung, yet!

Oh yeah, now there's somebody else Rick has to kill!
CREATURE FAN

bromstaker

Enjoyable season finale! I hope the traitorous group gets theirs by Rick & company early next season. 

horrorhunter

Never did like those Garbage Dumpers. Especially that elongated leader.  >:(

Damn weirdos are too lazy to talk...I'm surprised they mustered the energy to even partake in a fight, much less betray anyone.  :o   :P
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

Do you know why I love movies like "I Spit on Your Grave"? They present the offenses and offer glorious, rousing revenge in under 90 minutes. This series has become a real prick tease. I did like Sasha's surprise and a lot of Negan's very well written lines.

Joseph_Baeza

Still wondering how all those bad guys and gals with guns couldn't manage to mow down a big cat in plain sight.

Mike Scott

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on April 04, 2017, 12:46:30 AM
Still wondering how all those bad guys and gals with guns couldn't manage to mow down a big cat in plain sight.

'Cause he was eating their faces off?
CREATURE FAN

long live kong

Enjoyed the finale, although it had all kinds of daftness going on! I liked the scene with Rick promising to kill Negan. And I wanted Rick to waste Eugene (He reminds me of the selfish fat guy from Land of the Giants). It was good to see the lanky garbage lady doing some of her impressive bartering again. But the finale has left me very worried about the people of the kingdom, who are now essentially sitting ducks, not to mention Maggie's garden...I hope Negan doesn't trample all over it.

Mike Scott

Quote from: long live kong on April 04, 2017, 01:26:58 PM
But the finale has left me very worried about the people of the kingdom, who are now essentially sitting ducks

And the Hill Top people!

And did the garbage people not know about the Hill Top and Kingdom people and their plans to help in the fight? Seems like they would have mentioned it to Negan.

And another thing. Rick just stood there while Negan was about to bash Carl's head in! Even if it was the wiser move (in the long run), to do nothing, how could you not have done something?
CREATURE FAN

long live kong

Yeah! He could have bitten off Negan's nose for one thing, he was that close to him (he went all Hannibal Lecter on that biker dude who threatened Carl the other season!)