Do you watch "normal" TV drama series'?

Started by Mike Scott, May 04, 2018, 09:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KelG1

I used to watch the Young and the Restless but that was because as I waited for The Price is Right to start I caught an episode about this black cop who goes undercover as a white guy for a mafia sting and the mob boss had a tank with piranha in it.
Those shows are addictive. Took a while to kick the habit and didnt help that "Forbin/Hasslein" has a big role in it.
In the 80s I also watched Highway to Heaven but there was a supernatural component (and even one episode tied in to Teenage Werewolf).

In the 80s I watched Hill Street Blues and occasionally St. Elsewhere.
The last current series I watched was the Sopranos.

I never cared for normal westerns but I did watch the Rifleman, Maverick, Have Gun Will Travel as well as Columbo.

I am slowly working my way through the Prisoner.

Mike Scott

Quote from: KelG1 on May 29, 2018, 07:30:42 PM
I am slowly working my way through the Prisoner.

How do you like it, so far? Having seen it on it's original run, it's one of my favorite shows!  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

(I'm hoping THE PRISONER under review is the original 1967 version, by the way.)

I plugged thru the 2009 version with James Caviezel as "6" and Ian McKellen as "2" and it answered my question, "What would happen if THE PRISONER was shortened in a couple or 3 episodes?" 

I'll watch the 1967 version from here on.

Mike Scott

Quote from: ChristineBCW on May 29, 2018, 08:51:00 PM
(I'm hoping THE PRISONER under review is the original 1967 version, by the way.)

Forgot all about that redo. Never did see any of it.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Lunkenstein

Huge PRISONER (1967) fan here and Patrick McGoohan has been my favorite actor (outside of horror stars) since I was 14. I always say THE OUTER LIMITS and THE PRISONER are my 2 favorites series tied for the Number 1 position.  ;)
Paul