Frankenstein Life Size - Original from 1935

Started by tfig8, January 26, 2013, 01:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombiehorror

Found some pics over at http://www.therpf.com/f9/lifesize-karloff-frankenstein-figure-finished-now-lol-83773/ of someone's Frankenstein statue!

The arms/hands are from MBPFX, foam fulled urethene, bust from Cineart!

The guy also tried a Howard S. studio bust on the statue........

Safe to say those are the same hands/arms!  But the bust?!  Of the few monster Bride of Frankenstein busts I found online none of them are the one used for tfig8's statue!, it may be a one off piece or as others have mentioned a retooled piece?!

westbatman

I figured you guys would be able to help him out. I thought it looked like silicone but wasn't sure. Thanks again.

Monster Bob

Those are the hands alright. So where did the "Boris Karloff's fingerprints" thing come from? That is such a wacky claim!

tfig8

Unfortunately I cannot edit my Post, but I was simply going off of information I had received. There is no need to be rude- You could have said that to me while we were exchanging emails. I was told that is was an exact mold of Boris's hands - I wasn't aware that they were produced by CineArt. Are people allow to make mistakes? Anyways...... If I get more concrete information on him - I will repost it. Thx

In my opinion this is a well crafted/detailed Frankenstein. It looks amazing in person and it also much different than all of the one's I've seen posted.  At this point I am simply trying to figure out the exact details and find a new home for him. I have the artist name, but I haven't been able to find anything on him.
If someone out here appreciates my Frankenstein and is interested in it, then please reach out because it's still for sale and I'm sure would make a nice addition to any collection.

thank you,

Monsters For Sale

I am still uncertain about the bust.  But the rest of the figure is pure Cine ART.

This is the original Cine ART salesman's 3-ring binder - open to hands illustrations:

Here are a couple of close-ups:

Close-up of boot detail:

The full figure as pictured in their binder:

In person, the picture on the right makes the jacket look very green - just flash reflection.

(Looks like the guys enjoyed playing darts during breaks.)
ADAM

zombiehorror

Quote from: tfig8 on January 28, 2013, 02:05:20 PM
In my opinion this is a well crafted/detailed Frankenstein. It looks amazing in person and it also much different than all of the one's I've seen posted.

I really dig that bust, I wouldn't say it is 100% screen accurate but I dig it just the same!  It'd be cool to find out just what it is and who made it.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: tfig8 on January 28, 2013, 02:05:20 PM
Unfortunately I cannot edit my Post, but I was simply going off of information I had received. There is no need to be rude- You could have said that to me while we were exchanging emails. I was told that is was an exact mold of Boris's hands - I wasn't aware that they were produced by CineArt. Are people allow to make mistakes? Anyways...... If I get more concrete information on him - I will repost it. Thx...

I apologize if any of MY posts seemed rude to you.  I tend to be terse sometimes.  I was merely being descriptive of the figure.  I make no judgements about its worth or your integrity.

My admonition to you, "Love it for what it is", might have seemed sarcastic.  I was being sincere.  Don't fixate on when or how it was made, just enjoy the figure for itself.  It is still very cool.

The Cine ART full figure had a number of upgrade options and several different prices.  It started at a MSRP of $11,150.00. 

Since your figure has has been modified and suffered some damage to the hands, it would be difficult to assign a firm "value" to it.  As in all such things, it is worth what a collector is willing to pay.

Bride of Frankenstein is often cited as being a better movie than the original.  I'm sure many collectors would prefer the Bride makeup to the original issue.

Good luck in finding just the right person to buy your Frank.

ADAM

tfig8

No Worries Guys... Sorry... I'm new here and I'm obviously just a little confused..  :o
I want to provide accuracy, and honestly thought I was, but I was mistaken and unfortunately I couldn't edit the post.
I've communicated with a few people via email so I hope I've been able to explain myself clearly.
This was an expensive piece, and I feel, based on the craftsmanship, that it is was worth it. But that is simply my opinion- So I hope the images do this some justice. It's worth what the individual is willing to pay for it. I know it was worth it for me.

thanks!!  :P

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: tfig8 on January 28, 2013, 02:49:46 PM
No Worries Guys... Sorry... I'm new here and I'm obviously just a little confused..  :o ...

You don't need to be new to be confused.  Just ask anyone about me.

ADAM

tfig8

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 28, 2013, 02:54:31 PM
You don't need to be new to be confused.  Just ask anyone about me.

hahaha...  That's funny, Adam. Thanks for all the information.

I have confirmation from two of the industries top artist stating that the bust is not CineArt.

It's a nice unique piece- If anyone is interested please contact me.

thank you,
;D

foolish mortal

ob1al

Quote from: zombiehorror on January 28, 2013, 11:01:00 AM
Found some pics over at http://www.therpf.com/f9/lifesize-karloff-frankenstein-figure-finished-now-lol-83773/ of someone's Frankenstein statue!

The arms/hands are from MBPFX, foam fulled urethene, bust from Cineart!

The guy also tried a Howard S. studio bust on the statue........

Safe to say those are the same hands/arms!  But the bust?!  Of the few monster Bride of Frankenstein busts I found online none of them are the one used for tfig8's statue!, it may be a one off piece or as others have mentioned a retooled piece?!

That's my old Frankie statue. I tried 3 different heads on there, eventually settled with the Howard S bust.

:)

Back to the OP - I think it's possibly a cineart staue with a swapped-out silicone head. I don't know who sculpted the head, but it's nicely done none the less.

Still a great piece.

FRANKEinstein

Quote from: Toy Ranch on January 28, 2013, 09:56:19 AM
I think the head is Cine Arts as well. At least it started in life as a Cine Arts head, and was probably recast and retooled a bit. The main elements match the Cine Arts head, I think.  The 2nd head staple is rougher, like it was cast and applied. There are fewer details, like forehead wrinkles, etc. and it's overall smoother. No texturing around the burn scar, which is barely visible. If someone made a cast of a Cine Arts head, retooled it a little to turn it into a "Bride" era monster, and spit it out, I think that is what it is.

I totally agree!
Although it is a nice piece, I do believe it started out
as just ONE of the many reproduced / re-manufactured Cineart franks.

I gotta say, the Cineart frank....why does it look soooooo skinny?
Totally unproportional..looks like he could fall over from a sneeze,  :o

I marvel at  ALL the care taken by Cineart to accurately represent (Karloff) the Monster,
in the sculpting of the head and hands.....yet they obviously were asleep when it came to the body! I believe the body is a joke, really.

Franky's not so imposing with sticks for legs and hanging off his (non existent) butt, lol!
Just imagine if they made the body to proper proportions!
Now THAT would have been great!

Jeff