Big Frankie fans Rejoice!!!

Started by Dr.Terror, January 05, 2008, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toy Ranch

It's Amazing Figure Modeler #38 and yes, it is...  sorry about that, I'll scan the last bit and get it up.

Toy Ranch

OK, the end of the article has been added to the original post.  Again, my apologies for the omission.

fmofmpls

Quote from: Toy Ranch on January 16, 2008, 11:42:51 PM
It's the best monster kid retail store pic I've ever seen. 

Your not kidding! Until now, this kind of image was only found in my dreams. Great pic! Thanks for posting the article Bobby! Great stuff!
The Famous Monster of Mpls.  Sayer of the law.

fmofmpls

To expound even further .. just imagine having this guy's job. Working at the "Monster Korner" down at the local hobby shop! Pay would be optional. This is where that time machine that everyone talks about would come in handy!

BTW, maybe if the guy knew how to correctly spell the word 'corner' (instead of korner), he wouldn't be stuck working at the Monster Korner? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Wich2

Cool toy indeed - but even moreso, a sign of how cool this gang is...

I've been involved in on-line groups where this thread would've started to flame by now, fed by ultra-purists crying,

"...but I paid X DOLLARS for mine! They've RUINED the collecting field!! Waaah!!!"

Best,
-Craig W.

Iloz Zoc

Oh, my God!!! Smelling salts...need smelling sal.......faintinnnnnnngnng from joyhhhh.......finally!!!!

John

The Drunken Severed Head

I've made fun of Big Frankie numerous times (because of his pot belly, too-long arms, and glum expression), but the truth is I want one. He does have an expressive face, and he is a detailed Frankenstein figure.

I actually like the AHI and Mego Frankensteins, too, even though I've poked fun at them as well.

But I draw the line at that 60s Frankie puppet with the googly eyes and plaid cloth body. Eeewww!

raycastile

That puppet is 70s, not 60s.  I like the Frankie, but I like his counterpart Devil even more.  If anyone has a Fun World Devil in a sealed bag, I want him!

Quote from: The Drunken Severed Head on January 18, 2008, 02:17:42 AM
I've made fun of Big Frankie numerous times (because of his pot belly, too-long arms, and glum expression), but the truth is I want one. He does have an expressive face, and he is a detailed Frankenstein figure.

I actually like the AHI and Mego Frankensteins, too, even though I've poked fun at them as well.

But I draw the line at that 60s Frankie puppet with the googly eyes and plaid cloth body. Eeewww!
Raymond Castile

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Toy Ranch on January 17, 2008, 10:07:49 AM
OK, the end of the article has been added to the original post.  Again, my apologies for the omission.

Zero apology needed Bobby!  Thanks for taking the time to share this with us. Great info.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

fmofmpls

Quote from: The Drunken Severed Head on January 18, 2008, 02:17:42 AM

Me too Max. I despise that puppet. So much in fact that when Raymond (or was it Andy?) brought that puppet to the Wonderfest show, I refused to go onward with erecting the display. I drew the line a long time ago with grown men inside furry costumes. I'm not about to let Frankenstein don a polka dot vest complete with googly eyes! Not in this army you don't! We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy for that kind of toy.  :D

poseablemonster

Quote from: fmofmpls on January 18, 2008, 04:38:03 PM
Me too Max. I despise that puppet. So much in fact that when Raymond (or was it Andy?) brought that puppet to the Wonderfest show, I refused to go onward with erecting the display. I drew the line a long time ago with grown men inside furry costumes. I'm not about to let Frankenstein don a polka dot vest complete with googly eyes! Not in this army you don't! We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy for that kind of toy.  :D
OK, I will confess...it's my Frankenstein puppet.  There, I said it.  Wow, I feel much better now.  Like a big weight has been lifted from me.  Can you hear me world?!? IT"S MY PUPPET AND I'M PROUD!!!

fmofmpls

Quote from: poseablemonster on January 18, 2008, 07:13:32 PM
OK, I will confess...it's my Frankenstein puppet.  There, I said it.  Wow, I feel much better now.  Like a big weight has been lifted from me.  Can you hear me world?!? IT"S MY PUPPET AND I'M PROUD!!!

Welcome Andy. Having a puppet is nothing to be ashamed of. It happens to the best of us. Why not channel some of that puppet anxiety towards putting on a puppet show? I'm sure we'd all enjoy a nice puppet show.

poseablemonster

...drawing eyes on my socks with a magic marker at this very moment...

Tom Smith Monsternut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhFaBO1t6NQ
;D
Kiss my pretty PUPPET !
Tom

Tom Smith " Dr. Deadly"

Monsters For Sale

Has anyone been in contact with the manufacturer of these - Have any update on their status?

ADAM